chapter 2

Camilas pov.

I woke up in a room that I'm not yet familiar with. I rolled the silk covers and sheets off of me and realized that I was now in a white sleeper gown that I did not remember putting on. It fell to the top of my thigh and you could see the bruises on my legs. I looked at my arms and seen the handprints left by my father. Who ever changed me seen more than I would have liked them to and for the first time someone seen me at my most vulnerable, I heard a knock on the door and I quickly got back under the covers and hid my beaten body.

"Come in." I said and I seen Lauren coming in with a tray of food, she too was changed form the outfit earlier in the day and she now wore a black Bob Marley shirt and some jeans. Her hair was no longer straight but now it fell into beautiful waves and with out makeup her facial features seemed softer.

"You missed dinner so I figured you would like to eat something." She said and I scooted up into a sitting position and made sure to keep my bruises covered. Lauren seen my struggle and she sighed.

"You don't have to hide Camila I have already seen the bruises." I looked down and pulled the covers over me and laid back down and rolled away from Lauren.

"I didn't mean to upset you but I just figured you would like to be in something more comfortable to sleep in."

"Just leave me alone Lauren." I spat and she laid down on my bed and grabbed my shoulder I flinched and jerked away.

"Look I'm not going to ask you about your past because I can only imagine how hard it has been. but I don't want you to hide from me. I want to be your friend someone you can trust and I understand that has to be earned but if we are stuck with each other for the next year we have to lean to get along."

"If you wanted to earn my trust you wouldn't have came in my room with out my permission and changed my clothes on my body." I told her and she stayed quiet and put her hand on my shoulder and made me turn around.

"Can we just start over?" She asked and I nodded my head.

"Hi my name is Lauren Michelle Jauregui I'm 23 years old and my parents want me to be a business protégé. They sent me to school to get business degree when I didn't want to but I have to live up to the family name. I have a older brother named Chris that I haven't seen in over two years because he turned to drugs, I have grown up in a rich family so I never had to struggle with much other than being teased for having a penis but once word got out about the size no one really said anything about it I just had to push all the dirty hoes away but now that I don't live under my parents roof I can sleep and do what ever I want. I couldn't grow up and be a normal kid, I never had the chance to do what I wanted so now I don't want to be tied down in any way. I don't want to force a relationship on you but we have no choice Camila. So all i'm asking is for you to let me in." Lauren looked into my eyes and I knew that her eyes would be my weakness. I pulled the covers up and Lauren stopped me.

"You don't have to tell me who did this but can you at least tell me about your self?" She asked and I sighed.

"My name is Karla Camila Cabello. I am from cuba and my parent brought me here when I was 6 years old. Ever since I can remember my parents would hit me starve me and tell me that I was trash. I had to lie when I was 13 to get a job to support my family and I have worked every day since then. I dropped out of school when I turned 13 so I don't have over a ninth grade education. I have never had a boyfriend and I don't even know if I like girls but I have to marry you. You have made it clear that you are a partier and your not going to change so there is no since in me even trying to become your friend because I'm going to get hurt in the end. So just leave me alone and get away from me. Go fuck some girl." I spat and rolled over. Lauren sat there in silence for a while before she stood up and then she laughed.