chapter 29

I'm sorry but its something I wanted to put  in my story so if I lose readers I do I just wanted to put gun control in here  somewhere.  #pulsestrong

Camilas pov.

"Alright babe Braylen and I will be back in a few hours. Are you sure you can handle the girls?" Lauren asked me as I stepped out of the shower.

"Really I have all three of them every day. I think I'll manage a few hours." I laughed and Lauren walked over to me and kissed my head.

"I know, I love you and if you need anything please call me I can come home right away." Lauren told me and I nodded.

"Go we will be fine." I told Lauren and kissed her lips. Lauren pulled away and said her final goodbyes and walked out the door. I took the towel from around my body and wrapped my hair in it. I dressed in a gray shirt and some tight  fitting jeans and looked in the mirror. There was a loud bang  from down stairs and right as I was about to yell  and see if it was Lauren gun shots rang through the house. My eyes widened and I quickly ran down the hall  into mylas room.

"Myla baby get up. Where's Reagan." I panicked and myla went to answer but loud men's voices filled the house. I grabbed myla and quickly ran into her closet and pushed aside her clothes and opened the safe room door. I shoved her inside but before I could go get Raegan  shots fired. There is nothing that they should be shooting because Laurens car isn't in the drive way. I shut the door and the emergency lights came on meaning someone cut the electric. I put in the code for the backup cameras and the monitors behind us showed two men in the house. They were wearing ski masks and were walking down the hall that Laurens office is in.

"Stay here do you understand me. I have to go get your sister. Do not open this door for anyone but me do you understand? " I asked and myla nodded and I slid open the door and looked back at the cameras. I stepped out of the small room and quietly made my way to Raegan room.

"Raegan. Come on baby come out here." I said and my daughter peeked out from behind her stuffed animals.

"That a loud sound." She said and I quickly picked her up and accidentally kicked one of her toys that set off a loud bump. I heard feet rushing for the steps and I quickly ran into myla room and she opened the door. I heard the other room doors being kicked open and bullets spraying the inside of the rooms. I made the kids face away from the cameras and held on to them tightly.

"Mommy." Raegan  sobbed and I patted her back and ran my hands down her ponytail as she sobbed into my neck. I watched the monitors and seen them break into myla room. I put my hand over Raegan mouth and pulled myla into my lap also. I made them be as quiet as I could and one man searched the room. Myla looked up at me and her bottom lip quivered.

"Not again." She whispered and I broke. I pulled her to my chest and kissed her head over and over repeating how much I loved the two of them. By luck the man left the room and I let out a sigh of relief. The room  were in was very small. It was only five foot tall and eight wide. I looked around the room and seen a old phone in the corner hooked up. I sat Raegan in myla lap and scooted to the phone. I quickly called 911 and told them that there were two active shooters in my home. After them I called lauren only to receive a voicemail.

I grabbed the blanket and sat back against the wall and Raegan climbed into my lap and rested her head on my chest and held on to my shirt.

"I know who killed mom." Myla said and I looked at her and she was playing with her fingers.

"Can i tell you mila?" She asked and I made her scoot closer to me and i kissed my head.

"It was grandma. She had some people with a logo on their shirts do it. I couldn't tell anyone because i was scared that's why I try to stay away from her. She told me she would hurt you if i told and if I got to close. That's why i stopped calling you mom. I figured If I stopped loving you she would leave me alone."myla sobbed and I pulled her closet to me and kissed her head.