chapter 8

Camilas pov.

That night I walked back home contemplating if I should tell Lauren about her daughter. Tori swore she would tell her Tomorrow and she already warned me that Lauren might not take the news well. But then again who would. I walked down the black roads back to the house the same time I seen a figure round the corner.

"Camz!" I realized by the nickname that it was Lauren and very soon her body crashed into mine holding me in a bone crushing hug.

"Where the hell were you! I went to check on you and you were gone no one seen where you went I was scared." She said and I could see the concern on her face.

" I don't want Brad anywhere near me." I said and Lauren took my hand into hers and sighed.

"He's my friend Camila, I can't make him leave. He and some others are actually staying at the house tonight because they are a little buzzed." She said and I sighed figuring if I would tell her what happened she would yell at me again.

"Fine can we just go home?" I asked and Lauren intertwined our fingers and looked up at the sky.

"What's the rush?" She asked pointing up words. Slowly Lauren pulled me towards the beach with her and she laid down in the sand and looked up.

"Aren't they pretty? The way they give us light so we can admired their Beauty?" She asked as I laid next to her.

"One of my dreams has always been to go to space. I think it would be amazing to see things on a big scale. I mean there think about it. We are just a small part of what's out there." I said and Lauren pointed to a star.

"Do you see that star? The one in the middle of O'Ryans belt?" She asked and I followed where she was pointing and I nodded.

"Well its unowned right now and I have had my eye in it for a while, how would you like to have it?" Lauren asked and I sat straight up and turned towards her on my knees.

"What?" I asked and smiled. Lauren sat up and cupped my cheek.

"Would you like the star?" She asked and I bit my lip and looked back up at the star shining above me.

"Yes, but not now. I want to make sure that this works first. I don't want you spending money on me." I said and Lauren sighed and sat up in front of me.

"For you this might be a one year thing. And during this year I plan on making you fall for me. Given I will tell you now I will be unfaithful. I will cheat I will do things I will regret, but I can't change who I am over night. But I will change the second you fall for me because I don't want to get my hopes up. You have showed me how to care for someone after my daughter died. You are showing me how to feel and to be honest it's scaring me to death. But know that I won't be what you want me to be because I'm so fucking screwed up but I am willing to try for you." She said and she looked deep into my eyes. I started back into her green orbs and rested my head against hers with our noses touching.

"Fine. As long as you don't fuck a girl behind my back I guess I have to deal with it. Don't hurt me Jauregui." I said and Lauren smiled and pecked my lips.

"I won't hurt you intensionally."

___

A few hours later we made our way home and Lauren walked me to bedroom door.

"Normally this is where I drop you off at home and hope that you call for a second date." She said and I leaned against the wall and pulled her to me.

"I guess you'll have to wait and see then." I said and grabbed her by the back of the neck and softly kissed her plump lips. Lauren pulled away and rubbed my cheeks with the pads of her thumbs.