Chapter 2: the future and the past

Chapter 2

Edward’s POV

Okay. Nice house, close to the forest and close to the city but not too close. Almost everything is perfect. Almost. Except one thing, because the city is almost a town, I don’t think that the students are used to our cars. I mean, look at them! They’re fast, pretty, smooth, everything you want from a car. And not for the first time this day I said to myself that that is ridicules. I knew there was something else, but I couldn’t get it. I was totally freaking out, but I didn’t knew why. So I walked outside to hunt. To just give myself over to my instincts and just do where I’m “made” for. Drinking blood, killing and destroying. I ran into the forest trying to erase that thoughts.

But I couldn’t. I smelled a deer and ran to it, but I didn’t gave myself over at my instincts. The deer heard me before he even saw me and ran away already. I knew I could get it if I wanted to, but I didn’t. I just wanted to forget everything, but I couldn’t. I really wanted that they didn’t saw what happened in the forest. When I ran back to the house, I jumped over the river and the last bit I just walked. Just at human speed.

Jade’s POV

Running. I had to keep running! Otherwise they would get me. Maybe they stopped following me already, but I wasn’t sure. After an hour or two I stopped and sat down by a tree. I thought about everything that was happened the last period. My “mother” or whatever they call that in the vampire world was a black headed girl named Nance. Together with Harry and Jack she tried to defeat the Cullen clan (she said but I still don’t believe her. I think that we attacked the Volturi gang and some others. Ore just another group I don’t know but I’m for sure that it wasn’t the complete Cullen clan) She made her own army of newborns to destroy them. I still didn’t understand why. I mean, what was the bad thing about the vampires? They saved my life! Actually that blond curly one did. But hey, a friend of my friend is a friend of me.

I was thinking of the battle again. It was at the Netherlands, just a stupid cold country. The vampires stayed there because they needed to have a rainy place, and they had a meeting or so. We went there as well because we followed the vampires. When we founded them we build up a house by a city close to it. There we could drink and stuff like that. It was normal that there would “die” two or three vampires every week. After a week or two we were with twenty-two, enough to attack. And yeah we attacked! But not really good…. It was in a forest were the fight took place. We attacked them, but they were strong and didn’t gave up the victory fast.

I was one of the “good” fighters. I didn’t just did something, I was a fighter with brains. And a newborn. A weird combination. But then the fight began. It was really hard, and we almost win, but the vampires were stronger. During the fight I had to fight to the blond curly guy and he didn’t looked very strong. But I had seen him fight. I knew that he just would rip my head of like it was a piece of butter. Instead of fight against him, I felt on my knees and begged him that he would not kill me and let me go. I looked in his eyes. One moment I saw something, I didn’t knew what it was, but then he said ‘go then! Just go! But you have to promise me one thing.’ At that moment I wanted to promise everything to not die. ‘tell me, what do I have to promise?’ I said. ‘you have to promise that you’re stay running and search for other clans. Maybe you can live with them. Now just go!’ I nodded and ran away.  

And that was already like three years ago. After the fight, Jack, Nance and Harry ran away and let us just be killed. But the vampires did not let them go. From what I’ve heard they were dead. Just what they’ve disserved! That was my meaning. They didn’t let me a choice.  If I could do it over again, I just never let them bit me. But now it was too late to think that. Now I just had to go one. I’ve heard that there was a clan that just moved to Forks, so I was going to Forks. Maybe they would be kind, and maybe they wouldn’t. I didn’t knew what to suspect, but I survived a lot so nothing was impossible for me anymore.

Jasper’s POV

Weird. We’re moved, but I’m only thinking of the past. I was thinking about that girl with black straight hair that I saved. I didn’t knew if she would kept her promise, but I didn’t cared. It was the past and I was living in the now. I shook my head and focused me at things that were really important. Family, hunting and keeping our secret a secret. Not that hard at all if you ask my opinion. I shook my head and walked inside again. Just focus on the important things, just focus. Focus, focus! But I couldn’t. I couldn’t put the girl out of my minds. I was a kind of obsessed. Maybe it was a sign! Maybe that feeling told me that there’s gonna happen something! But again I shook my head. For the future you have to be by Alice. I’m the emotional guy. Just a vampire with a gift. So what?