Chapter 28: Prom Night

Sam's POV

I looked at my baby sister in her coral colored dress. It was the night of prom and her date was late. She sat at the window waiting. I tried telling her that he's not going to show up, but she was stubborn and said he'll be here soon.

I couldn't handle seeing my baby sister upset. I quickly rushed to my room, put deodorant on, found my best suit, and went to fix my hair. I came down and my sister looked at me dumbfounded.

"That douchebag isn't going to show up, so I'm taking you. I'm not letting you miss your last prom," I said and she smiled. She got up and hugged me.

"Thank you Sammie," she smiled. I took her to the store and bought her flowers, and headed to the high school. We parked in the parking lot and looked over and saw her 'Date' making out with some girl. Cassidy didn't seem upset, instead she looked at me and smiled.

"He's stupid anyways. Id rather dance with my brother," she said which caused me to smile. We left the vehicle and headed inside. I looked around and saw all the fairy lights. They did a good job this year, I've never attended my prom, but I'm glad I got the chance to take Cassidy. I'd do anything for my baby sister. She is all I have left.

"Sam dance with me!" She giggled and we headed to the dance floor and 'Dammit' by blink-182 started to play.

"Damn is this your brother?" I heard a girl say to Cassidy.

"Yeah he has a girlfriend so back off," Cassidy said. Liar! I don't have a girlfriend. But then again, they're 17 and 18, I'm 20, I can date an 18 year old but not a 17 year old. Oh well, all these girls here are not my type.

**
"Thank you Sammie!" Cassidy said as we were leaving the high school.

"My pleasure little sis, now if I see that douchebag, I'm going to break his nose okay? He could've at least told you that he wasn't going to make it instead of having you sit here for a hour waiting for him," I said. She nodded and took off her converse. Yes, my sister wore converse with a dress. Big whoop!

The best part is, we got our pictures taken together. Can check family portrait off of our list now. We're even matching, from the coral colored tie and dress, to the worn down black converse.

When we can home, Cassidy instantly went to the fridge. All they had to eat there was something a rabbit would eat. And last time I checked, both of us weren't rabbits. She pulled out burgers and started to cook them. When they were finished she topped it with everything and handed me a plate. We sat there still formally dressed, and eating a cheese burger. What a sight to see!

"God damn," Cameron said as he came down the stairs.

"Where were you two?" Danny asked.

"Cassidy's date stood her up, so I took her to prom," I answered.

"How nice. Did you guys have fun? Sam did you meet any hot chicks?" James questioned.

"Yes we had fun. And every girl was on him," Cassidy laughed.

I'm so happy that I can protect my little sister and spend the best moments in my life with her.