Chapter 3: That Gurl ("U" Intended :3)

Setting: Next morning, Star and Marco walking across the hallway of Echo Creek Academy, 30 minutes till first period

"Marco, how many more minutes 'till first period?" Star whined,  "We've been waiting for HOURS! My legs, they're dying!"

Marco tapped his watch."Star, barely five minutes has passed! How-how can you not know that?"

"I have an awesome sense of time,  just so you know."

"Yeah, I noticed. "

Suddenly, a deafening noise or "music,"  as Star would like to call it, filled the hall, making the students crumple to the ground,  covering their ears in pain.  Star drooled all over the place.

"Star, cover your ears!" Marco screamed, "It's—i-it's—"

"Oskar," Star muttered dreamily.

All the students were so preoccupied by covering their ears but they just couldn't help but notice a girl in a blue hoodie walk up to Oskar and snap her fingers, making him freeze. The other students sighed in relief at first, then shut up, watching the girl walk briskly across the hall. Marco rubbed his eyes. The girl looked strangely familiar.

"Hey!" Star snapped, "Keep your zappy freeze-fingers away from Oskar and his keytar! "

The girl turned her back to Star, muttering, "What do I care? That music was horrible! I'm sure I'm not the only person who noticed that!" she glared at Alfonso and Ferguson, who just nodded immediately.

The girl was someone they definitely did not want to mess with.

"Hey!" Marco said, snapping his fingers, trying to unleash his bad boy side and still not being noticed."Hey, you! Yo!"

The girl turned around, studying Marco from head to toe."What's your problem now, earthling?"

"Look who's talking," Star muttered.

"You can't just talk to Star like that!" Marco said.

"Well, I try to be kind, but my mouth just doesn't want to listen," The girl muttered, then walked away.

"Hey! I'm not done with you yet!" Marco called, reaching for the girl's shoulder.

The girl caught Marco's hand in mid-air, and looked him in the eye. "Very impressive how you got the guts to actually do that. But I don't think so,  green belt."
Marco blinked, confused."How did you even—"

The girl judo-flipped Marco with impressive agility, but Marco sliced back at her arm.

"What are you—this doesn't make any—" Marco stuttered.

"Ah, most people say that when they first fight me," The girl bragged, "But you're actually the first to get this far."

Suddenly,  a blond boy emerged at the scene, carrying a fancy-looking sword the his side.

"Cady!" he screamed, trying to call her attention by swatting through all the commotion, "Cady, stop it!"

"Oh, hey, Comet," the girl said casually, "I was just—"

"Rainbow blast!" Star screamed, pointing her wand at Cady.

"NO!" The boy named Comet screamed, blocking the attack with his sword.

Comet looked at Star apologetically. "Um, please excuse my friend here, she's just really—"

"What?" Star said, shocked."How is that—No one's ever been able to block—"

"We need to stop this," Comet urged, breathing heavily. "Like, right now. "

"Hiiii-yaaahhh!!" Marco yelled, punching Cady's stomach.

"Ow," Cady smiled, her smile shifting into a very un-Earthly devious smile, and pinned Marco to the floor, "Impressive, Earthling. I didn't expect you to get this far!"

"Wha-what are you—Let me GO!", Marco screamed."Who—what are you?"

Cady grinned, a smug look painted all over her face. "Me? I'm Cady Grace. Your worst nightmare."

And she and the boy vanished in a cloud of sand and red dust.