Chapter 13

{Toffee}

The blonde boy stepped out of the shadows and spread out his arms.
"I answered your call, Toffee," The boy growled, "What do you want? Cady isn't very happy about you, and right now I know she's not that happy about me either."
The demon opened his mouth to respond, but no sound came out. He forced his voice out of his mouth once more. "I know that, Mewman. But you're forgetting one thing: she ran away, and I'm not very happy about her either. That's why you need to bring her to me."

Comet staggered backwards, horrified. "Are you KIDDING?! I've seen her fight before, and I don't want to be in her way! Call me stupid, but I know that people who run away shouldn't be bothered."
"That's why you, of all people, we're summoned here. I know that you know her best."

"Why me? I'm just her friend, but you? You're her FATHER, for crying out loud! You should know more than me."
"I'm not her real father," Toffee grumbled.
"Wha-what?", Comet stuttered.
Toffee realized he had just said his thoughts out loud. "What? N-no thing! I-I--"

"Look, Toffee, I'm not gonna help you. I-I won't. Do you even KNOW why she ran away? You didn't answer her questions! Even I have questions for you and you don't even answer them!"
Toffee glared at Comet distastefully. "Curse Cady's wrong friend-picking skills."
"WHAT?!", Comet screamed, outraged.
"I'll answer ALL your questions for you with just one answer. You are NOT going ANY WHERE. "

Toffee snapped his fingers, and an indestructible glass case appeared around Comet.

"What?? Let me GO!", Comet screamed.
"Oh, they always say that in earth-movies," Toffee chuckled, "Don't try to save the day, Comet. You're with ME now. And by the way, you know I won't let you go. You're just wasting your saliva!"
"You little--"

"Take your time to decide," Toffee mocked, "Besides, Star Butterfly would be dead by the time you're done."

AHHHHHH I JUST LOVE CLIFFHANGERS TEEHEEHEE ;)