Chapter 30

CADY AND MARCO

"Wake up, Marco!" Cady screamed.
"Ah! Wh-what?" Marco shot bolt upright.
"We're leaving for the castle," Cady said, then threw Marco a hollowed out rock with delicious food inside. "Dig in."

"Woah. Where did you find these?"
"Every rock in Xandaria has food in it."
"That is both cool and disturbing."
"Just eat!"
"Fine!!"

...

"Ok, you're done eating? Let's go." Cady ordered.
"Wait.. You're not eating?" Marco wondered.
"Yep, let's go!"

...

The teens walked a long way, asking their "fellow Elders" with their raspy voices, and got a ride until they reached the door of the castle.

"I-I'm so tired!" Marco screamed. "Can't we take a break??"
Cady took off he hood of her cloak. "No. We need to get out of here ASAP. And keep quiet, will you? You'll attract too much attention."
"Why do you want to get to Toffee's castle that much? I mean.. What's in it for you??"
"What's in it for me?" Cady paused for a moment, pondering the heavy question."I get Comet back, and I get to kick Toffee's--"

"Shh!" Marco hushed, his expression darkening."We NEED to hide."
The two ran behind a scraggly bush.
"What's that horrible SMELL??!" Cady said, pointing at the 'huge metal trapdoor', "Coming from there?"
Marco grinned."The perfect way to get inside." He said, "Sewers."

Uhh.. Is that considered a cliffhanger? Anyhoo, It's like, 9:30 pm right now, but I'm still gonna type this story. FOR YOU!!!!!! Welp, it's time to type. My keyboard awaits me. Just LOL.