Chapter 5: Good Night

Cady and Comet, again

"What??" Cady moaned *insert lenny face here*, "But I don't wanna go to school! ESPECIALLY with green belt around! I don't like him! He talks too much!"

"I can't believe you were the same girl who said "Me? I'm Cady Grace. Your worst nightmare." and then vanishing into red dust," Comet sighed, "You caused quite a scene there. Luckily, you were wearing your sunglasses. No one recognized you. Probably. Hopefully. However the case, we need to blend in."

"Fine," She grumbled but she knew it wasn't gonna be as simple as that. "What's the catch?"

"Ooh, such brilliant," Comet muttered, "But sadly, there is no catch."

"Perfect, then. How will you pay for everything then, smart guy?"

"This," Comet said.

Comet pushed a gemstone embedded in the hilt of his sword, and each push he made, several gems or coins would fly out of it.

"Of course you would have that," Cady muttered. "But.."

"But what? Hey... Are you still thinking about that kid you pinned down back there? You found him cute, didn't you? "

"Well, no, actually," Cady muttered, "I found him rather... annoying.."

"Ah, is that another term for cute?"

"Shut up. You sound like your mom."

"How would you know? And please don't remind me of mom."

Comet started picking at his dirty royal attire."Hey, Cady?"

"Yeah?"

"Good night. Mom."

"Haha. Very funny. Good night. And, uh, son?"

"Yeah, mom?"

"There was a blonde girl there, the one who tried to rainbow blast me and all. Do you know her? It looked like you did."

Comet pursed his lips, pondering the question."Uh... Actually, yeah. Yeah, I... I do. I still do."

"Why didn't you, uh... Make peace with her or say 'hi' or something??? That's not very nice, isn't it?"

"It's very... complicated. Y-you wouldn't understand."

"Ah, I see something is UP here!" Cady teased.

"What? Ew. No. Cady, just no. You're making things much more complicated than they're supposed to be."

"Something is up here! Lalalalalalalalalalala," Cady sing-songed.

Comet looked at her, horrified. "Geez, Cady! She's my—"

"Girlfriend? AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA! " Cady laughed, overjoyed.

"No. Cady, just no. She's my twin sister," Comet replied meekly, but his eyes were already blazing with an unrecognizable fire.

Cady blinked and stopped laughing. "She's your what now?"

"My twin sister."

Cady's mouth dropped open. "No way. Are you serious?"

Comet took a deep breath. "I swear."

Cady put up her British accent."Fine. Expound on that thought, please."

"Fine, but brace yourself, it's kinda long," Comet said,"I was born 13.8 seconds earlier than her. Her name was Star Butterfly, and I was Comet Butterfly, but I prefer using Dragonfly. When we grew a bit older, like 2 years old, our parents figured that when we were together, we would always either accomplish something great or something horrible. Are you still catching this? I can stop if you want to."

"Mhm, I got your drift, carry on."

"They separated Star from me, until I was only a fragment of her memory. She forgot about me. Me? I never forgot. I got mad. I ran away."

"That was so dramatic. I am touched."

"Very funny."

"Good night," Cady yawned.

"Good night." Cady muttered, although he had no plans of sleeping any time soon.

"Comet rhymes with vomit, by the way."

"Thank you very much for having to tell me that." He rolled his eyes.

Cady's motherly instincts kicked in, and she kissed Comet's forehead good night.

"Well, that was embarrassing, but thank you, mom," Comet muttered.

"Yeah, I guess it was... Good night. Son." Cady snickered, and immediately dozed off.