Chapter 18

So.. I changed my mind! Even if I DON'T get votes, I don't care, coz for me, this story is worth fighting for. So.. Read on!! :)

Marco couldn't fall asleep. He wasn't sure what exactly he was thinking about. Was he thinking about the fact that his royal, reckless and irresponsible interdimensional best friend was mad at him, and blasted him to pieces both emotionally and physically, or the fact that his parents knew that someone was missing from their family was true?

Well, the fact that he was thinking was already WORRYSOME. What more if he put to action what he was thinking? But no, he wouldn't do it. Not yet. At least not until he gathered some answers. He needed to sleep. It was already 11:53, and he hadn't gotten a wink of sleep.

He was pulled out of his thoughts when someone knocked on the door. Marco sighed, "You can come in, Star, but you may not."

The door opened, revealing his mother, lines of worry etched in her eyes and forehead. She was carrying a picture frame, and a small basket. She slowly uncovered its contents.

"I know how you feel, mijo," His mother said, "And you are right to feel so."
"Mom.." Marco said, "I'm--"
"No need to apologize, Marco. Now.. I'll tell you about your twin."
"Ok."

Little did they know that star was listening by the door. She hadn't gotten a wink of sleep as well.

"Your sister--your twin--was still a baby, like you. We had your first picture taken together," then his mom placed a picture frame--the one he saw earlier-- in his hands."But someone--or SOMETHING--kidnapped her. We were very rattled at what we saw and felt, and we didn't want you to be weighed down by such a tragedy. As you grew, we decided to hide the truth from you. That's all I know, mijo. I'm sorry."

Then his mother placed a small pin on Marco's hand. A letter "M" in gold. "It's meant to make you feel stronger, even if you don't feel like it," His mother said, "Your twin had one too, but.. the kidnapper took it too."

His mother hugged Marco, and he hugged her back.
"Mom? What was.. her name?"

She stood up and smiled."Her name was Maria Diaz."

Jeez. Would you consider this a cliffhanger? Ugh, I don't know, but I think it is!" Lol.
And if you were confused by the "You can come in, Star, but you may not part," Let me explain.

First of all, "can" is used if you can do it. Which means, of course, Star knows how to open doors! If she knows how to open portals to other dimensions, then why can't she open doors?

Secondly, "may" is used when you are allowed or not allowed to do something. So yes, Star knows how to open the door, but she's not allowed to. You guys get it now? Geez, I already sound like my English teacher.