Chapter 26

CADY AND MARCO

"LAND OF THE M-MAN EATERS??!!!" Marco shrieked, "Why are YOU acting so calm about this? Aren't you WORRIED about yourself??"
Cady laid back and placed the hood of her hoodie on. "I'm not worried about myself. I'm worried about you. I'm a demon, they'll just scratch or injure me, but you? Bites. Painful Xandarian bites. With a gallon of Xandarian gastric juice. So yeah, that's why I'm worried about you."

"Aw, so you do care."
"Shut up, Marco."
"Dammit! What's the plan? We're losing time!!"
Cady pointed at the castle, a few miles away."You see that castle?"
"I do have eyes, don't I?"
Cady rolled her eyes."We need to go there and grab a few dimensional scissors. At least three. Xandarians dump their stolen dimensional scissors there."

"So..We're going to steal stolen stuff from man-eating freaks?? I don't like your plan."
"Neither do I," Cady admitted,"But we have to. And.. We have a problem."
"I have many other problems right now. Go on, throw me another one!"
"Xandarians are crafty when it comes to spells and potions. If you get hit by one, well.. it can only be healed by the person closest to your heart, or an antidote."

"Welp, I'm leaving now."
"Ugh, come back here! You're gonna need a disguise."
Cady handed a black cloak to Marco."We need this to blend in."
"Why? Is this the new Xandarian fashion trend?? Wow, they need to get a life!"
"No, I think you do."
"Well, I--"

"We need to act like Elders."
"Elderly people?"
"No! The Elders bere actually Xandarian teenagers who are smart, crafty and talented."
"Also man-eating?"
Cady nodded."Also man-eating."

Marco shuddered."Don't they eat anything else?"
"Unicorns."
"Ew. Star's best friend is a unicorn."
"Okaaaay??"
"How come you know so much about Xandaria? Are you a XANDARIAN??!"
"What? NO!! Tom.. he runs the system here."
"TOM?!"

"Well, he does run some errands for Toffee or stays at our castle a few times a week, or hangs out with Tori, I guess.."
"And how did Star meet Tom, exactly?"
"That," Cady said guiltily,"Is partially MY fault."
"WHAT?!" Marco shrieked, glaring at Cady."Spill."

"Nuh-uh."
"Fine. Tell me later."
"Great!" Cady grinned.

Marco leaned back, feeling exhausted. He reached under his hoodie and pulled out a small golden pin. A letter "M".
"Wait, you have one too?" Cady asked.
"Well, I guess.. There was supposed to be another one. Meant for my-my twin."
Marco's voice cracked, making Cady realized that she had just brought up a touchy subject.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I--"
"No, it's fine," Marco assured her.
"I-I have one too."
"Really?"

I pulled mine out. Cady pulled out her own gold pin.
"It-It has some pretty cool abilities,"She said."If you know what your name is, and the people around you do, too, it morphs into the initial of the first name they know you by."
"Cool."
"A-and.. If that name wasn't really your name, if he people around you don't know who you are, really, it morphs into your real name. But.. I never understood what Toffee meant by what he said when he gave his to me. It was the only gift I ever received from him."

"Uh, I think we're getting somewhere touchy in our conversation. Should-should we stop?"
"We should," Cady muttered, tears brimming her eyes.

"I need to rest," Marco said, then closed his eyes.
"Me too," Cady yawned, then closed her eyes.
"Good night," Marco muttered. "Cady?"
"Yeah?"
"A secret is.. something you know how to keep, right?"
"Uh.. I guess.."
"Well, my twin's name was Maria Diaz."

Cady's eyes widened, because she knew that she KNEW that name. Shaking the thought off, she closed her eyes and went to sleep.

Yo dudes. I need to rest. Lol. I've finished almost ELEVEN chapters today. Anyway, I'm doing this all for YOU!! Haters, if you are a just gonna criticize me, turn your gadget off, then go home and plant camote (yo pinoys you know what that is!!). No one needs your negative thinking. You know who you are, and I don't need to be the one to say it.

But anyway, I'm still in a good mood, so.. BAIIII!!