Chapter 12

Cady and Comet

Cady stretched her arms and yawned. "Long day, Comet! So... We're done buying, right? Now I can go to--"
"Woah, woah, Sleeping Beauty!", Comet interrupted, "We still have to set up the traps."
"Ugh, fine," Cady yawned, then noticed Comet's sleepy face."Uh.. Okay.. You-you go to sleep for a while. I'll be the one to set up the traps."
"Okay," Comet murmured, "Are you sure--"

"Yes, I am sure, Comet, now go!", Cady shooed.

Comet shuffled to the bedroom and Cady started pulling out traps. She knew traps very well, since she would always go to the Forest of Certain Death in Mewni when she was bored and go there, either making traps or setting them up.

Ten minutes later, she had booby-trapped the whole (abandoned) house that Comet found.

"Comet? I'm done!", Cady called.
No reply. Cady tried calling again. "Comet? Hey, uh.."

Silence. Cady was starting to get worried. She dashed up the stairs, and ran to Comet's bedroom. His room was neat, but no sign of Comet. Suddenly, Cady remembered something, and she was as hopeful as hell that he didn't take it.

She ran to her room, and rummaged wildly through her satchel, flailing her other items onto her bed, looking for her dimensional scissors. "Where is it? Ohh no.. I think - I think.."

Outside, she heard a portal open and close again. An evil grin tugged at her lips. "Well played, Comet Butterfly," She quipped, "You just bailed on an outlaw."

Sheesh! I've played a lot of cliffhangers in the past chapters. But what's a good story without one, eh? Thanks for reading this, though. Thanks, and goodbye! A message from your [not so] favorite fanfiction part of the eye, Iris.