Chapter 34

TOM AND TORI

"..and then I jumped left, then dodged him." Tori rambled.
"W-wait. I forgot to bring my scepter here. I think I left it in Toffee's castle." Tom said.
"Really? Can I come?"
"Sure."
"Perfect.."
...

TOFFEE'S CASTLE

"Now if you excuse me," Marco said,"I need to go now."
"Marco!" Star decided to just yell his name."Don't yu remember me? Or any of us here? Or even.. a Maria Diaz??"
Marco's eyes widened. His breathing hitched. His heart started beating rapidly."W-what??" He stuttered.
"Maria Diaz?? D-do you.."
"I.." Marco shook his head, trying to recall a memory."I-I don't know you, any Maria Diaz, or any of you here. Leave me alone."

Marco snipped open a portal and backflipped through.
"He really doesn't remember." Star frowned. "M-marco has become a non-stop killing machine!! Which reminds me.. Cady--er, I mean, Maria? Are you ok?"
"Wh-who's Maria? I-I'm Cady.." Cady murmured weakly.
"Cady. There are.. secrets that Toffee hasn't been telling you.."
"I knew it! He's been stealing my parchment!!"
"What?? No! Not that.. I mean.. About.. your past. Who you really are.. Where your family is."
"M-my family??"

"Star, I think you ahould stop it. We're making her condition much worse." Comet warned.
"No, it's fine, Comet," Cady said,"I want to know."
"O-ok."
"You're not really.. Cady Grace. Your real name is Maria Diaz. You're not a demon, you're from Earth. You're an Earthling."
"B-but I--"
"You have a twin. Marco. His parents are your parents too.."
"But.."
"Shh," Star said,"No buts. I know how you feel. C-comet? He told me.. The twin thing.."
Maria turned weakly to Comet."You-you told her!"
Comet nodded."I guess I did."
Ca--I mean, Maria, started coughing.

"Comet, I need your energy. I'm gonna use my wand to heal Maria." Star said.
"Ok! So.. what do I need to do?" Comet said.
"Just lend me your energy."

Did that sound familiar? Well, to all the Rick Riordan fans out there, this is like what happpened to Reyna and Nico, where Nico needed energy so Reyna lent her energy to him.