20

Things are still tense between us.

James has been sitting in silence during classes, during meals. I don't want him to. I want him to laugh and live with me. But he needs time until that happens.

The others accepted it. They listened and they pretend they hadn't heard it. They just can't seem to move past the 'having fun' part quite yet.

"What happens if you put a werewolf on the moon?" Sirius suddenly asked as we were eating at the table.

Side eyeing him, I stabbed a fork into a dumpling. His fingers curled around my waist and he conspicuously wrapped his arm around me completely.

Moony's ears perked up and his attention soared to us.

James looked up and put a hand to his mouth to cover his chewing. His brows were furrowed and I saw the gears churning in his mind.

What're you going to do?

Sit quietly again? Or roll your eyes and tell him shut up? What's going on?

"He'll explode and die because of lack of oxygen, Padfoot," James replied.

My brows relaxed at the statement. Looks like he's doing okay.

"We never said we'd send him up without a suit, you absolute monster," somehow my lover, said in disgust.

I sigh in defeat, placing a hand over my eyes to show my disbelief over the conversation.

"Shove off," Remus told them.

Oh right, he's going through his monthly thing.

Not the time to mess with him.

"Remus, are you going to be okay?" Lily asked, concerned.

She found out about Remus on her own.

Doesn't mean I didn't get an earful from the others when they found out that she found out.

I finish up eating my food and rest my head in my hand. Sirius rest his head on his hand as well and stared at me. He fluttered his eyes and squeezed my side. Slightly laughing, I pinched his nose lightly, then removing my hand. He scrunched his nose and smiled.

"Definitely. You know I'm always okay," Remus replied, going nicer on Lily since he always had a soft side for her.

It's tonight. I'm scared. I don't know if he'll be okay after he's back to his normal self. I always worry every month about his timespan and maybe in the end, it'll be the both of us with a shortened lifetime..

Padfoot leaned his head on my shoulder. He kissed my jaw and blew a raspberry into my skin.

I giggled, ticklish in that area. I pushed him away instinctively, cringing in on my myself when he tickled me.

He laughed out and covered his smile with his hand. Grinning endearingly, I looked away to stop a blush beginning on my face.

Four faces of disgust welcomed me.

My grin dropped and I scratched my temple, nervously looking around.

Remus had a curl of distaste on his lips and he dropped his fork onto the plate in front of him. James cleared his throat but the reminder of furrowed brows and a large frown remained. Peter drank his water as if he had unseen.

"I am.. repelled," Lily stated.

"I-" I interrupted myself, unable to retort.

"Get used to it. You all know how long I wanted her, damn," Padfoot countered.