47

"I wish they did fireworks here," I said.

"Why?" Sirius questioned.

My back softly fell to the grass and I stared at the sky above my head. He chuckled barely. Mans knows that I can't walk or stand longer than 20 minutes. Why would I when I could be sitting or resting?

"Come down here. I like fireworks. I like the beach. I like the mountains. I like a lot of things that I've never seen," I answered.

He grunted when he settled on the ground. Old man.. A couple of leaves filtered into our vision from the tree behind us. The clouds circled in grey potions and the air became sticky.

"I've seen all of those," he bragged.

"Okay, Mister Rich. Thank you for making me remember that I'm poor," I wailed.

"God.. I love being rich," he continued.

"Stop it! I'll actually cry!" I complained.

He slapped my arm playfully. I laughed and caught his wrist. I slid my fingers up his skin and curled them around his palm. The mood changed and our breaths slowed.

"Your hands are so small," he whispered.

"Shut up, no they're not," I replied quietly.

No one can hear our hushed conversation anymore. I know a few students are heading to class. Luckily, Padfoot and I's schedules lined up well today. We don't get a lot of time together.

"Yes they are. The tips of your fingers are so low. You sure our palms are lined, love?"

"Yes, Padfoot. I'm sure, look-"

With my other hand, I secured our wrists together and our palms lined up correctly. He laughed when he noticed the big difference. I huffed but smiled nevertheless.

He threw his head back and his eyes closed in amusement. The shadow of the leaves laid their silhouette across his skin. Stray blades of grass stuck to his hair. I know he doesn't care though.

This is his element. He's got the ground and I've got the skies. Used to have the skies. The rainstorms seem empty now that I can't be up there. He feels it too.

I intertwined our fingers when he stopped laughing. My thumb ran back and forth on the back of his hand and he shivered.

"What am I going to do without you? The hell am I going to do?" he sighed.

"Don't talk about it," I told.

"We have to at some point. You're not gonna just die and leave with nothing left behind, Fawkes," he denied.

I couldn't see the sun in the sky anymore. The cloud covered over and a blanket of cool grey enveloped. Patches of stormy blue peeked through like a resewn quilt.

Goosebumps covered my collarbone and the slightly warm spring breeze drafted. I saw pollen in the air and cringed to myself. Allergy season.

"I don't need to leave anything behind," I responded.

"Yes you do. Lily's kids are going to ask if Aunt Cry has some photos or safekeepings before she passed," he explained.

"Bitchhhh," I slurred out.

"What?" he questioned defensively.

"I'm not dead yet," I reminded.

He frowned and diverted his gaze away from me. Our woven fingers lay on his chest and I can feel his heartbeat on the back of my hand.

We had seen the skies darken from inside and decided to come out. Frankly, I've been waiting for when he became more comfortable going outside when storms begin again.

Thunder roared in the distance and it scared the daylights out of me. Sirius jumped and relaxed immediately after.

"Shit!"

I jolted and tightened my hold on his hand. He laughed loudly but lightning struck and I couldn't hear his laughter anymore. I could only feel the up and down of his chest to let me know he was still amused.

Pressing my forehead into his shoulder, I let out a breath. Rain poured and already, it drenched our bodies. My shirt clung to my torso and my skirt soaked along my thighs. Droplets fell atop of our hands and water streamed between our palms.

"You'll love me until your last breath?" he asked, voice over the rain.

Tilting my head upwards, I made eye contact with him. His hair stuck to his temples and the downpour trickled down his cheeks like glistening tears. His lips ran red and it trembled in the cold. Teeth clacking against one another as he tried to maintain the warmth.

I scanned his eyes, watching his lashes stick together. He blinked and stared back at me. The air around us is humid, the animals are out for shelter so it's just us now.

"I will," I replied.

His arm snuck under my body and he pulled me close. Our hips pressed together and our chests almost touched but our clasped hands blocked it. Cold fingers dug into my bare waist and a chill went up my spine.

He towered over me and shielded my body from the storm. His back bears the rain and he held me close.

"I'll love you until my last breath too," he said.

"Don't."

I brought my head up and kissed him.

He sighed into my mouth and firmly pulled me tighter to him. My hand settled between his shoulder blades. The rain hit hard and another memory forms.

The salt from the downfall mixed with his Carmex chapstick and my lips stung. The fingers around his loosened while I eased up under him.

I love him. I love him. I love him.

The sound of his belt buckle was barely heard. My nail lightly scratched down his stomach, skipping over his belly button. His hand cupped my neck and kissed me passionately.

Our teeth clicked and he smiled into the kiss. My skirt was flipped up and I readjusted my position. I giggled and he laughed a little as well. The hold on my neck slightly tightened and I bit my lip when he pulled back.

He ducked his head to the side of my head and his bottom lip grazed my earlobe.

"I love you, Fawkes. I love you, I love you, I love you."

-lana