Chapter XXX

(A/N: The flashback of their past will start in this chapter.)

XXX

She's Nothing

ADRIAN AND I WERE best friends since high school. We became close because both of us had interest in martial arts. We were both taekwondo black belter also.

Every time there was a competition, our teachers would pair us up. We were classmates also. When there was an activity by pairs, we'd be partners by default. We were two peas in a pod.

"Practice later?" he asked.

I nodded.

His phone suddenly rang. He pulled it out from his pocket and answered it. "Oh, Ri, pasundo ka na?" Tumango lang siya sa sinasabi ng tao sa kabilang linya. "Okay then." Matapos 'non, binaba niya ang tawag.

I looked at him questioningly. "Sinong tumawag? Isa sa mga chicks mo?"

"Ulol! Kapatid ko yun," sagot niya.

"Babae o lalake?"

"Babae."

"Ilang taon na?"

"Fifteen," he answered. Then suddenly, he arched his brow. "Why are you suddenly interested? Not my sister, Bro. Not her."

"I was just asking," depensa ko. I'd known that Adrian had a sibling, but I didn't know it was a sister. Well, she was too young anyway. Sa edad niya, she still wasn't blooming fully. She was probably immature also. My type of girls were older ones. Well, not girls, but women. You know, fully blooming. Someone with a large ass and boobs.

"Hindi kita irereto sa kanya," he said.

My brows furrowed. "Anong reto? I'm not interested!"

"Mabuti." He patted my back, as if consoling me. "Go and find someone else. Just not my sister. Remember the bro code."

Isa din sa mga bagay na pinagkakasunduan namin ni Adrian ay ang hilig namin sa babae. We were guys, and we liked to have fun. Also, we were both good-looking, so we got girls easily. We both valued this unspoken bro code.

One of the things that was stated in the bro code was that, we should never date each other's siblings. Well, Ellise is safe 'cause she's still young. She's still nine years old anyway.

I could understand why Adrian was overprotective of his sister. Kahit ako nga, overprotective ako kay Ellise. I wouldn't want anyone to lay a hand on her or hurt her.

She's still young so I wouldn't have a hard time protecting her from any guy . . . for now. Although I could predict that, I'd have a hard time when she grows up. Because I am one-hundred percent sure that she'd grow up into a beautiful woman.

Well, blame the genes of the Cortez. She looked like my mom, who's one of the most beautiful woman I know.

One time, when Adrian and I changed our clothes in the locker room, I found his wallet on the floor.

Out of curiosity, I opened it. I saw a picture of a girl who seemed to be fifteen-years-old. I reckoned that she was his sister.

She wasn't that pretty, but she wasn't ugly either. The best adjective for her would be interesting. Yes, she was very interesting and intriguing. She had almond-shaped brown eyes, full lips and an innocent heart-shaped face. Her hair was wavy, reaching her shoulders. She and Adrian had the same nose shape though.

Despite her childish features, her eyes were prominent.

I could tell that she was a good girl. Even if she was interesting, she was still not my type.