Chapter XLVI

XLVI

Definite Date

IT'D BEEN ONE MONTH ever since Ria stayed in my condo. Adrian told me that there was no progress on their home. Their parents were still fighting like the usual. Things had gotten worst.

It was already 7:30AM, and Ria had a 7:40AM class.

Between the two of us, she was an early riser. Siya palagi ang unang nagigising. Even though I didn't like being late, I made sure that I wouldn't have any classes on 7AM. Iniiwasan ko 'yon. I could only manage when it starts at 10AM and onwards.

But because of Ria, I'd wake up early just to drop her to the university. Kaya kahit 10AM pa ang first class ko, pumpunta na ako 'don alas siyete pa lang.

"Babe, you're going to be late," I said.

"Masama pakiramdam ko," she groaned.

I sat on the edge of the bed and touched her forehead. Hindi naman siya mainit, pero ang putla niya.

"What did you eat last night?"

"Pizza," she said.

We ate the same food last night. If it were food poisoning, then I should feel it by now. I was sure that the pizza wasn't expired. "Ria, you should—"

She suddenly stood up and rushed to the bathroom. Agad ko siyang sinundan. Narinig ko siyang dumuwal.

I went inside and rubbed her back soothingly as she vomited. Afterwards, I assisted her back to the bed. "You know what, we'll skip classes today. Bantayan nalang kita," I said.

She agreed.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked her during lunch. "The usual delivery?"

She shook her head. "Gusto ko ikaw magluto," she said.

This was the first time she demanded me to do it. "What?"

"Gusto ko lang ang luto mo." Nagkibit-balikat siya. "I don't know why, pero gusto ko ang luto mo."

"Ano bang gusto mong lutuin ko?"

"Kahit ano. Basta ikaw magluto."

I had no idea how to cook. Fortunately, I had some cookbooks here. I tried cooking an omelette, but it didn't really look like one. Napakalayo nito sa itsura sa imahe ng cookbook. I added some spices because I knew that that was how she liked it.

"Ang gwapo mo talaga," she commented, pinching my cheeks. "Ang hot mo pag naka-apron ka. Pwede na tayong magpakasal niyan."

I chuckled.

When I was done with cooking, I placed the food on the table. It looked burnt, but to my surprise, she didn't complain. She just ate with so much gusto.

I tried to taste my own cooking, but it tasted horrible. Napakaalat at napakaanghang, pero mukhang okay lang sa panlasa niya.

It was weird.

The morning sickness happened three days in a row, but on the second and third day, it wasn't worse compared to the first one.

"Maybe we can visit a doctor," I suggested.

"Siguro nga," she agreed.

"Let's do it after class. I'll set an appointment with our family doctor."

We went to the doctor after our classes. It was a two-hour drive. When we got there, my Tita Sandy greeted us.

"Oh, binata ka na. The last time I saw, you were still young," she said, smiling at me. "And who is this pretty girl?" She turned to look at Ria. "Girlfriend mo?"