Chapter XLIII

XLIII

Jealous

THE TRUTH WOULD always come out. It was inevitable. No matter how hard Ria and I tried to hide our relationship from Adrian, he'd find out eventually.

The first sem ended, and I passed with flying colors. The same went for Ria, Adrian and Clarisse.

It was one of those days where our prof was sick, kaya napagdesisyunan namin na pumunta sa condo ko. It was a free-cut. I didn't have the same subjects as her, but I did enrol to one of her classes just to see her. It wasn't even part of my course, but still, I just wanted to be with her.

"Why do you always like wearing my shirt? Alam mo namang mahina ako tuwing yan ang sinusuot mo," I said. "I might do something that'll make you lose your innocence."

She smiled naughtily. "Sinira mo na kaya ang innocence ko. Naka second base ka na nga," she said, laughing. "Simula nang naging tayo, nahawa ako sa kamanyakan mo."

I pulled her closer to me and kissed her deeply. But we were interrupted by the doorbell.

"Shit," I whispered.

"Buksan mo," she said.

"Ayoko. Hayaan muna natin."

My phone suddenly rang, and I groaned in frustration. "I'll just take this call."

This time, she was the one who stopped me. "Hayaan na natin."

She sat on my lap and kissed me again. The doorbell kept ringing, but things got intense between us.

The door suddenly burst open, and we froze. Fūck, I forgot it lock it.

"What the hell are you two doing?!" It was Adrian's voice.

"Holy shit," I muttered.

Ria's eyes widened in surprise. Her face turned pale. She stood up and sat down beside me. "K-Kuya."

I could see the intense anger in Adrian's eyes as he looked at us. "Don't tell me na para lang kayong magkakapatid." He clenched his fists and and jaw. "Sa posisyon niyong dalawa, hindi yan ginagawa ng magkakapatid."

"Adrian—" I stood up, and he lunged at me. Tumama ang kamao niya sa pisngi ko.

"Kuya!" bulalas ni Ria.

"How dare you two do this behind my back!" he yelled. "How long have you two been doing this?" he demanded.

"Calm down, Kuya," Ria coaxed. She was scared, I could tell. She didn't even make a move to stand up and stop him.

"Calm down?! How the heck do you expect me to calm down?! I've just found out that my best friend and sister are fūcking behind my back!"

"A-Adrian. Nothing happened between us," I explained, trying to keep my calm. The punch hurt, but I didn't feel the pain yet.

"Walang nangyari?! Sigurado ka?!" Dinuro niya si Ria. "Tignan mo nga yang kapatid ko. Nagmumukhang puta!"

"K-Kuya, tama na!" Naiiyak na sigaw ni Ria. "Umalis na tayo dito!"

He looked coldly at the two of us. "Fine. We'll leave here. Hindi ko muna papatayin si Elliot. But go change your clothes. You look like a slut!"

Kita kong nasaktan si Ria sa sinabi ni Adrian, pero sinunod niya nalang ang sinabi nito. When she left to change her clothes, I looked at Adrian.

"Don't call her a slut," I warned. "You can insult me, but not her."

His face remained blank. "You've betrayed me. The two of you betrayed me."