Chapter XXXVIII

XXXVIII

Fiancée

THREE WEEKS HAD passed ever since Ria and I got into a relationship. Buti nalang, hindi na masyadong masuspetsya si Adrian. He was assured now that I only saw Ria as a sister. I felt guilty sometimes, because it was like incest.

I was dating my 'little sister' for chrissake!

"I want to take you out on a date," I told Ria.

She looked at me questioningly. "Seryoso ka?"

We'd been on dates, but I really couldn't consider those as 'date' date. It was more like we were eating and talking.

I nodded. "I'm serious. Why wouldn't I? You're my girlfriend, so we should go on a date."

She had a reluctant look on her face. "Baka makita tayo ni kuya, o ng kakilala niya." She pursed her lips.

May punto siya. I knew it was risky, pero gusto ko siyang dalhin sa isang date. "Please? I'll let you decide where."

Napabuntong-hininga siya. "Okay, sige. Pero sa malayo tayo mag-date," she finally conceded. "At ako ang magdedesisyon kung saan."

Our date was scheduled after our 5:40PM class. She told me the direction of our destination.

The whole time, she had her hand on my thigh, drawing slow circles. The gesture sent electricity, and she was oblivious of the effects of what she was doing to me. And then I covered her hand with mine, entwining our fingers. She gave it a squeeze, and we just stayed like that the whole drive.

It took us amost two hours to get there.

"Amusement park? Really?" I looked at her disbelievingly.

Amusement park was the place where I always take Ellise. Mahilig kasi siya sa mga rides dito. They were kiddie rides, but it was a special bond between my sister and I.

I never expected that I'd have my first date here. Yes, she was my first date. Kahit kailan, hindi ako nakikipag-date sa kung sino-sino lang. All I did with girls in the past was making out and doing the deed.

She smiled. "Mahilig ako dito, eh," she said, her eyes shining.

"Childish," I muttered, and she pouted cutely.

She pinched my nose, and was about to lean closer to kiss me, but I stopped her. "Teka lang."

"Ni-re-reject mo nalang palagi ang halik ko," she said pointedly. "Ni-hindi pa nga tayo naghalikan sa labi. Why are you holding back?"

It was true. I still hadn't kissed her on the lips. I'd only kissed her forehead and cheek, but nothing more. The reason for this was that, I was sure that once I'd try it, I wouldn't be able to stop. Plus, I wanted her first kiss to be special. Hinahanap ko lang ang tamang tiyempo.

I was surprised that I was this patient with a woman. With the others, it was usually a short talk, and then a long make-out session. But then again, Ria wasn't like the others.

She was special. She was the girl I treasured.

I leaned closer, unbuckled her seatbelt, and brought my lips closer to her ear. I breathed hotly into her ear, eliciting a shiver from her. "If I do it, I will not be able to stop. And I might want more and demand more," I whispered.