Chapter XXXVII

Warning: SPG 

XXXVII

Backfire

"BA'T ANG LAPAD ng ngisi mo?" Nagtatakang tanong sa'kin ni Adrian.

We were currently drinking in the bar. Every time I texted Ria and received her reply, I couldn't help but smile. Agad kong nilagay ang cellphone ko sa pocket ko at tinungga ang alak na binigay sa'kin ni Adrian.

"Wala."

A girl suddenly walked towards us. She was wearing a corset top and a skirt that barely reached her knees. Her outfit accentuated her curves. She was pretty, but not as pretty as Ria.

"Hello there," she greeted, batting her eyelashes at me.

Tinapik ako ni Adrian sa balikat. "She's yours, bro," bulong niya. "Good luck. She's hot, but no one can defeat Clarisse's hotness."

This bastard is loyal to Clarisse. Lahat ng babaeng pumapansin sa kanya, pinapasa niya sa'kin. I smiled civilly towards the girl. "Hey."

"I was wondering if you'd like to join me for tonight." Her tone was high, and I knew she was trying to flirt with me.

I shook my head. "No thanks," I declined, trying to sound polite.

She seemed disappointed with my answer. "Okay then," she said, and then she left, obviously embarrassed.

Binigyan ako ng nagtatakang tingin ni Adrian. He started at me as if I'd grown two heads. "What the eff dude? Did you just refuse that hot chick? She was obviously your type."

Yes, she was hot. Yes, she was sexy. Yes, she was my type. Pero si Ria lang ang gusto ko. There were many pretty girls, but I only wanted her. Hindi naman siya ang pinakamagandang babaeng nakilala ko, at mas lalong hindi ko siya type, pero tinamaan ako ng grabe sa kanya. She is all that I see. The rest are irrelevant. Kaya kong tanggihan ang isang milyong magagandang babae para sa kanya.

I shook my head. "Bagong buhay."

"Bagong buhay?" He arched a brow. "Mukhang in-love ka eh."

"In-love? How did you know?"

"I could tell. I know you. You were texting with someone. Kumikinang ang mata mo habang nag-re-reply ka," he pointed out. "Sino ba yan?"

"Okay, fine. I like someone, okay?" I admitted.

"Who is she?" he asked, eyeing me curiously.

"She's a very private person," palusot ko. "For now, she just wants to be low profile about our relationship."

He grinned. "Is that the one you told me about before? The one you were forbidden to be with?"

I shrugged, but he obviously took it as a yes.

"Wow! It must be a thrill. Pero ingat ka bro, baka ang ending niyo ay Romeo at Juliet," he said, and then he made a gesture with his raised hand across his neck as if to cut his throat.

"Siguro nga ikamamatay namin tong dalawa."

"Well, that's love." Umiling siya at nilagok ang alak. "Speaking of being in-love, my sister seemed to be in-love with someone also."

I froze at what he said. And then I schooled my expression to be disinterested. "I see. How did you know?"

"Blooming na siya masyado," he said. "Tapos nag-ma-make-up na. Nakita ko din na magdamag na nakikipagtext." He turned to look at me. "Kilala mo ba sino tong lalake na kinahuhumalingan niya?"