Chapter 31

Sasuke's p.o.v

"Sasuke-kun! Your back!! I was beginning to-" Karin's blabbering faded into the distance as I continued walking towards my chambers. "Disturb us for nothing" Suigetsu nodded and we were alone. I placed her sleeping form gently upon my sheets and watched her body slowly rise and fall with every breath. Each breath a blessing.. something I never thought I would see again. My eyes traveled down to her wrists, bruised from the shackles. A deep hatred arose within me... Madara had some nerve to do this to her. I knew my feelings she would never return and his betrayal of those feelings made his actions worse. I would stop at nothing to ensure he would pay for this. Mikio's body began to twitch in her sleep and a tear made its way down her porcelain cheek.. My breath stopped short as the red tear stained her cheek... blood. "Karin!" The medical ninja burst through the door accompanied by Suigetsu and Juugo. Without a word between us she immediatly began checking over Mikio. After a long, stressful minute she turned to me.. eyes locked to the ground. "She's.. going.. blind" The last word whispered so inaudibly that if it were not for the complete silence in the room I would have not heard it. "Fix her." She shook her head slowly, but no wasn't an answer I was going to take. I gripped her arm and she yelped in pain from the pressure "Let her bite you! Heal her!" "Sasuke! I can't!" She resisted and I shoved her into the wall, my arm against her throat and sharingan activated. "Heal her or I'll kill you" Her gasps filled the room and I felt a firm hand grip my shoulder. I tightened my arm against her throat before releasing her and she fell to the ground gasping for air. Fuming, I went outside to take out my anger on the nearest village.

Mikio's p.o.v

I opened my eyes only to discover my world had turned hazy. My hands, centimetres in front of my face, remained blurry. My pulse increased and I started to panic "Ss-sasuke! Sasuke!" I began to sob uncontrollably. What had they done to me?! I heard footsteps running towards me and I reached out and found myself within Sasuke's warm embrace. "I-I can't.. It's all-" "Shh I know. Don't worry I will fix it" He began to stroke my hair lovingly as I clung to his chest. I knew he was trying to comfort me but how could he make this better? My eyesight was going.. there was nothing he could do.. nothing I could do..