chapter 23

I looked out at the light dancing across the calm surface of the lake. Madara or Sasuke? The decision was killing me.. maybe I didn't have to make one.. maybe I should leave.. yes that was the only way out of it. I stood eager to escape and upon turning came face to face with Sasuke. Drat.. "What do you think your doing out here alone?" My eyes narrowed "You might be the boss of your team but don't think you can order me around" I shoved past him but as I did my wrist was caught in a tight grip and he spun me around and planted a kiss on my lips ever so gently. My eyes started to close as he hugged me tight to him. His masculine chest pressed up against mine as his hand gently stroked my cheek. A cracking sound was heard above us and Sasuke shoved me out of the way of the falling branch and straight into the freezing cold lake. My eyes glowed red with hatred as I summoned a water dragon so he could share my experience. I stormed past a drenched Sasuke and back to the hideout.

Madara's p.o.v

The moonlight shone upon her raven locks as she gazed upon the calmness of the water, her expression was anything but. Her eyebrows furrowed and her tender lips held no smile.. what could be troubling her? I sensed Sasuke approach as I glared down at him from my branch. He was hopeless at concealing his chakra, aspecially from me.. but from the look on Mikio's face, his presence had gone unnoticed. I smirked as she shoved past him but it soon faded as she found herself wrapped in his embrace. Hatred consumed me as I cut my branch and sent it tumbling straight towards the pair. I smirked in triumph as Sasuke was taken out by a water dragon. A tree branch cracking him in the head was good, but an attack coming from Mikio was even better. I was about to follow her when I noticed he had joined me on my branch. "What do you think you are doing!" His bright red eyes mirrored mine. "I do not have to answer to you" I could see the rage that had engulfed him as he began to smirk "Madara, If it were not for the fact of you being an immortal I would have wiped your existance from this planet years ago. Your strength is nothing compared to mine. I offer her the protection she needs and the life she deserves, get in my way again and you can pull off this plan by yourself." My blood boiled as he smugly walked away. My fist went through the tree trunk. The fact was I needed him but as soon as my plan has succeeded and my powers restored I will rid him from mine and Mikio's lives, for good."

Normal p.o.v:

I blushed as my fingers lightly touched my lips.. the place where his were moments ago. He was so powerful but gentle and- I froze mid thought. Emotions were the last thing I needed. I drove my fist into the matress and cursed Sasuke. How did my life get so complicated!