Chapter 20

After my meeting with Itachi sensei had sent me on a mission to gather information about the Uzumaki clan's sealing jutsu. It had been almost a month and it felt good to be returning to the hideout.. I wondered if Sasuke had gotten any stronger.. I couldn't wait to vs him. As I stood at the entrance I could feel something was not quite right. I drew my katana and descended the stairs cautiously.. the place was a wreck.. had we been attacked? I couldn't sense anyone else's chakra so I headed towards Orochimaru-sama's room. Blood was splattered across the walls and he lay dead. I cared not for his death.. I had learnt all I could from him. I searched the grounds but I was unable to find any trace of Sasuke or Kabuto.. well atleast Kabuto is alive that way I can kill him myself. I remained in the sound village for the next few months waiting for any signs of the akatsuki.. After Orochimaru's untimely death I had ventured to the old hideout but alas, it was empty and so I journeyed back here. 

The rain slammed against the windows and a gust of wind threatened to rip the dango shop from its very foundations. I sat in a corner, hands wrapped around a warm beverage listening to the conversations of those around me. A particular conversation caught my attention *smash! My glass shattered against the floor as I grabbed the civilian by the scruff of his neck "What did you say?" He spluttered and looked at his friend for support but I drew my katana and he knew I meant buisness. "Again.. what did you say?" My patience was wearing thin as my grip tightened around his airway. "I-iitachi is d-dead.. by his y-younger brother's h-hand" I released him and he dropped to the floor gasping for air. No.. how was this possible? Itachi should have beaten Sasuke.. I returned to my lair to devise a plan for revenge. Madara would surely try to recruit Sasuke now that there was an opening.. I had to get Madara's attention.. if I found Madara I would find Sasuke. But how was I supposed to find a man who didn't want to be found. A lightbulb went off in my head and I grabbed my blade before stepping out into the rain and heading back to the village. 

I stood in the empty street my sweat mixing with the rain. I looked around for any signs of life I had missed. The once populated sound village was no more.. this was sure to draw him in. The minutes ticked past and I just about gave up hope until I seen a whirl of black and red appear in the street before me. "My you have grown up haven't you Mikio. You are worthy of the clan name" He glanced around admiring my handiwork.. "But tell me, why did you do all of this?" I smirked "To get your attention" His eye met mine and I could tell his curiosity was peaked "Well.. you have it."