t w o

An hour or so went by, and the train finally arrived at Hogwarts

"Bye Val, see you later." Aurora and Lydia said with a wave as they got off the train.
"Right, bye then."

Valerie is in Gryffindor, like all of her siblings, but nonetheless, she's nothing like them. They all have sleek blonde hair without a curl or wave in sight, while Valerie has mud colored hair with curls popping out everywhere. She was basically the black sheep of the family.

As she's basically a lone wolf, she doesn't go straight to the great hall to meet up with anyone. She has a routine. get off the train, go to the black lake, sit, and draw. She does this for about an hour until her stomach starts to grumble, signaling that she need to eat.

Black lake here I come.

There was no one there, of course and so Valerie continued with her routine.

"Oh hey." She heard a voice say.
Looking up from the sketchbook, A boy about her age was standing behind her. He had shaggy, long, black hair and a diamond shaped face. He also happened to be wearing a very smug look on his face.

"I'm Sirius. Sirius Black." The boy said walking closer.
"Valerie Scott."
"Well it's lovely to meet you Ms. Scott." He said smirking and sitting down next to me.
"Well I could most certainly say the same about you Mr. Black." She said smiling.

There may have been a little blush in there too.

"So you're in... Ravenclaw? He said looking quite unsure of himself.
"No, Gryffindor, actually."
"Oh,well Ravenclaw makes more sense." He said as he pushed his hands through his scruffy hair.
"How?" Valerie said scrunching up her nose.
"Well, you seemed smart and Ravenclaws are smart, well most of them. I know one named Kenny O'reily that didn't know the difference between a galleon and sickle.

She giggled at his comment about Kenny.
"Did he really?" She asked both amused and curious.
"Yeah, real bonehead that one."

"You know.. I think the feast is starting soon. Want to walk to the Great Hall together?" He asked, scratching his head.

"Sure."

Once we reached the Great Hall we went our separate ways. It was quite nice to meet him. He could possibly be my first friend, outside of my family that is.

She looked over at him as She picked at my turkey leg. He looked back, and little did Valerie know that that was the most important day of her life.