TWENTY TWO

"Sirius Black you daft dimbo."
Sirius scrunched his face in a look of emotion that was hard to make out.
"I'm a what?"
"Your a daft dimbo for thinking that!"
"I-wha-OH! How am an idiot for thinking that? The signs were there, it's pretty obvious Valerie."

Valerie smacked herself in the face before retorting. "Whatever signs you thought you were reading, you read them wrong. I didn't even have any intention of giving you any signs, at least not ones like that."
"VALERIE!"
"WHAT?"
"Stop rambling and tell me what the signs mean, after all you so bluntly pointed out I was wrong!"
Valerie sighed. "I can't believe I have to explain this."
"Remus is like my brother, I thought you knew that."
"I love him Sirius I do, but I love him as a brother. I would never love him in any other way, I just don't see him that way."
"So-so-you..." Sirius trailed off.

"I-like-you. You."
Sirius scoffed. "Huh."
"Huh? That's all you've got to say?" Valerie said in an annoyed tone.
"I just told you I like you, and confirmed you're assumptions of Remus and I to be false."
"Did you know I liked you?" Sirius asked.
"What?"
"Here, let me put it into Valerie words so you can understand." He cleared his throat.
"Were you aware of my romanticized feelings towards you?"
"ARE YOU SERIOUS?"
"I SHOULD HOPE THAT I AM!"

"YOU GIT!"
"DID YOU KNOW OR NOT?"
"YES." Valerie screamed.
"I knew okay, is that what you wanted to hear?"
"Well seeing as I was trying to get it out of for the past minute, I would say my answer is yes."

Valerie threw her arms up in frustration. "Why does it matter that I knew?"
"Because you should've said something!" He yelled angrily.

She backed away, biting her lip.
Sirius saw the effect it had on her and softened his voice, but spoke with no less anger. "You should've said something." He repeated.

"I know." She choked out.
"Then why didn't you?"
"Because I was terrified! I was terrified that you would be like everyone else in my life. They've all left; I didn't see how you could be any different. I can't let people get too close. They leave. They always leave."

"Look I know you have these problems with your family-" Sirius started.
"No, you don't know what it's like. You don't have siblings that are nothing like you, and then having to watch them get praised by your parents. Sure I have Aurora and Lydia, but they're only decent around me because they pity me. So, Sirius, do you have siblings that fucking pity you? Do you're parents shove you aside like a piece of shit? Has the only person in you're family that finds you bearable runaway because living with our family was too much for her too handle?"

"Yes." He responded quietly.
"Don't-"
"No, I have that. All of it Valerie, all of it. My cousin ran away, and she was the only family I ever truly loved. I'm considered a bloodtraitor; what do you think goes on when they get to discussing that? They put me down, threaten to take my picture out off the tapestry. They threatened to kick me out of the family, Valerie. I know what you're going through, so don't you dare tell me I don't."

"Were Black sheep then, the both of us." Valerie said attempting to smile and wiping the tears away.
"Yeah I guess we are."
"I'm going to go bed before I cry anymore." Valerie started.
"Hey black sheep." He called to her as she made her way to the girls dorm.

She turned her head to look at him but he had already made his way over to her, and he cupped her face with his hands, ever so gently.
Then he placed a kiss on her lips. It was a light kiss, barely even touching.
"Goodnight Blacksheep." He whispered before planting a more powerful kiss.

Pulling away, Valerie said, "Goodnight Blacksheep."