E i g h t

After a relaxing evening, Valerie decided to go to bed. She crawled under the satin covers and drifted off to her dreams; nightmares.

Follow me into the depths of pure, unadulterated insanity.
Reveal yourself to me, every scar, every bruise.
At whatever destructive pace you choose.
Welcome the darkness into your heart.
Let me tear you apart.

She tossed and turned as the images of her past came flooding back.
Yells of fury shot through her mind.

"You! You are a disgrace to this family!"
"I'm glad then!" "Id rather be a disgrace to this family then be apart of it at all!"
"Then get out!

" Valerie wake up!" Lily said, dabbing Valerie's head with a cloth.
She opened her eyes, soaked in cold sweat to see her friend bended over her.

"You were mumbling in your sleep and your all sweaty. Did you have a nightmare?"

"Yeah." She said slowly getting up.
"I'm okay now." She smiled sweetly, removing Lily's hand from her face.

"Okay, well maybe you should tell Madame Pomfrey."
"No, It's just nightmares, I'll be fine." She lied. She couldn't tell anyone that would alert her parents, because her parents would insist on taking her home and that was Valerie's least favorite place to be.

" Well, are you ready to go to breakfast?" She asked, pulling on a pair of jeans.
"Yeah, let me ready first."

She stripped from her uncomfortable sweaty pajamas and put on a cream colored dress with pink and navy blue here and there.

"You look nice

"You look nice." Lily complemented.
"Thanks."

When they reached the Gryffindor table Remus, Sirius and James were deep into a conversation about whether Lily would like him better with his glasses on or off.

"Ahem." Lily said.
"I heard my name."

" Lily flower!" James said enthusiastically.
"We were just talking about whether -
"Yeah, I don't really care anymore." Lily interrupted.
Valerie smirked at the power Lily had over James as he quickly stopped talking and continued to stare at her with those puppy dog eyes of his.

What Valerie didn't notice was, James wasn't the only one starring.
Sirius was mesmerized by the beauty of Valerie and just couldn't keep his eyes off her that morning.

James noticed this and nudged him in the arm

"Huh- what?" He sputtered.
"I see you've gotten out of that trance."
"What trance, I was- I was daydreaming."
Valerie smiled at his awkward shifting.

"Valerie, how was your little outing with Remus last night?"
"Oh it was very nice, right Remus?" She said turning to him.
"Yeah, we should do it again sometime." He said smirking.

Sirius' glared at Remus. Remus, took this for amusing and then decided to walk around the halls.
"I'll come with you." Sirius said.
"Okay." He said shrugging.

As they reached a spot where no one was listening, Sirius hit Remus upside his head and said through gritted teeth,

"What's your angle, you know I like her!"
"We're just friends, calm down!"
"Just friends my arse."
Remus rolled his eyes and continued to convince his friend that he and Valerie were friends and nothing more.

"I don't like her like that, honest!"
"Yeah, well..."
He trailed off; disgruntled.

"Look, I'm not the one you should be worrying about." He said signaling to Valerie, laughing with someone.

Aaron Ross.
Her hair flowed ever so elegantly in the autumn breeze and her smile grew bigger and bigger as Aaron talked more and more.

Prat. Sirius though to himself.
He wanted so badly to sweep Valerie off her feet, far away from Aaron or any other bloke. To tell her how he felt about her. But he couldn't, it was all too soon and she would most likely run off.
Instead he went to the Black lake and decided to rest his eyes for a bit.

"Hey, why so glum today?" Said Valerie, fake pouting.
He looked up at the brunette and signaled for her to sit down.
"I'm just-moody that's all."
She rested her hand on his and squeezed it.
Sirius froze; barely breathing as her touch sent waves through his body.
"I'm always here." She said simply.
He merely nodded, unable to speak.

"Your'e special, Valerie Scott."

"The same goes for you, Sirius Black.

She leaned in, almost as if to kiss him, but quickly ran away.

You have no idea how special you are. He thought to himself as he watched her run.