Chapter 48

Kayla's POV

As I sat on the roof of the house where I felt imprisoned in for all those months I rubbed my stomach. I don't know what I'm gonna do now. My phone rang once again and I decided to just answer so make him know i'm safe and the twins are fine

PHONE CONVERSATION

"hello?" I said slowly

"ma, i'm so sorry for speaking to you the way I did I wasn't thinking that was the first shit that came to my mind once you said that foul shit my dad did to you? Where you at i'll come get you?"

"the babies are fine, and i'm fine rico. can I ask you a favour?"

"anything baby?"

"could you wire me some money like $150,000? I know it's a lot but I think I need my own space"

*he was silent for a few minutes I think he was thinking about whether he should give me the money or not*

"naa, I can't give you allah that ma, not because I don't want ya to have your own space but you pregnant and ion want you by yo'self while you going through allah that shit. now tell me where you at so I can come get you"

*the stern tone in his voice made me shiver and I didn't want to disobey because I know he'll eventually find me anyway*

"i'm on the roof"

"mayne why the hell? wait how the hell you get up dere with yo big ol stomach??" his chuckle made me warm

"took a lot of trying but it wasn't that hard, I like to think up here. you can see all of NOLA from here"

"well I'm almost there"

*I looked at the phone then laughed he already knew where I was at already*

"hm..I see your rental"

*2 hours later*

As I stared into the room where I was forced to do so much dirtiness, my skin began to crawl, my heartbeat increased and my eyes got clouded with tears. I stared at the floor where my step father's body laid cold. I felt rico's presence behind me as I stood infront of the room reminiscing.

"I've been through so much.." I sniffled as I wiped the tears that fell onto my round stomach

Rico placed his hand on my stomach and his head in my neck inhaling my scent

"it's made you a better woman ma, and it'll make you a better mother to them kids. i'm so sorry for speaking to you the way I did. I shouldn't have jumped at you the way I did I know that now. and I don't want you to be stressing cah ion want ta lose you or them kids you carrying. so you said you need your space that's straight. when we get back to the crib i'll stay in the poolhouse till you ready to have me back in. okay?"

"thanks" I said as I turned around an slowly went down the stairs. my back is killing me and my leg is starting to swell up by the minute.

I heard the rental make the noise that signals it's open and I opened the door and sighed. the struggle of getting into this low car. I eventually slid into the car and strapped my seatbelt in.

Malcolm's POV

Jasmine was sitting in then passenger seat and I can tell she was nervous

"Ma, everything gon' be straight we gon' get them results and you gonna be clear. Alright?"

She just shook her head and quietly cried. A few weeks ago I found a lump on her left breast and we went to get it tested a few days ago. The results just got back in and we on our way to go get them. But jasmine is frightened about it.

I pulled into the parking space and exhaled slowly I put my index finger under her chin and forced her to look at me.

I lightly chuckled at her red nose and the tears that smoothly merged with those full pink lips.

"We gon' go in this appointment with good vibes. So wipe that booger drooping all outta yo little ass nose and wipe yo face because I did not wait a whole hour to go in that bathroom for you to be messing up yo damn face"

A smile slowly crept on her face and she wiped her face

"You could've gone to the other bathroom, there's three in the house mal" she kissed my hand and slid out of the car.

In my heart I've been praying that this shit isn't cancerous. I know jasmine would break and that shit there will kill me more than anything.

RJ's POV
*a week later*

One week without having Kay in my arms holding her and my kids in my arms. She hasn't called/texte,  I haven't even seen her since we got back. Now it's night and I can't sleep. That's shit dere has become the norm for a nigga since I been in this 'ere pool house.

I heard feet lightly slap on the floor and I quickly jumped up and got my glock. Who dafuq is gon' be brave enough to break into my shit?

I slowly crept out into the hallway

"WHO THE FUCK IS YOU?"
I heard a gasp and I flicked on the light. I saw Kay with one arm on her stomach and the other on her chest.
"Oh shit. Sorry ma, I didn't know it was you"

She smiled as her breathing became normal again.
"It's fine..I haven't slept properly all week...and I can't deal with being sleep deprive for any longer so you're gonna hold me till I go sleep" she waddled past me and went straight into the bedroom

I chuckled at her directness and followed her into the room. I slid under the blankets and held my woman and placed my hands on her stomach and felt the kids move around.

"I missed you" she said quietly
I kissed her neck and cuddled closer to her if that was even possible

I heard her sniffle and I sighed
"I just don't wanna be hurt anymore Rico, I'm so tired of being frightened I'm so tired of being in pain because of these twins. I'm so tired of being pregnant I'm just miserable"

She slowly turned around. And even in the darkness I could see her eyes searching mine

"Listen, we got more months left then you ain't gon' be feeling like this nomo it's just the hormones ma okay, we gon' be good. I'm trying to work on bettering myself for you and the kids. It's just difficult doing that when I can't think straight"

She placed her soft hand on my cheek and sighed

"You wanna come back to the main house don't you?"

I nodded
"Fine I missed you anyway"

-Richelle🌹