Chapter 10✨

Maria's P.O.V
*2 and a half months later*

Numb. I've been numb for months now. Rico took the boys to stay with him while I've been in this state. My best friend is dead. She's gone.

If I'm honest I didn't miss her much when I left for all those months because I knew she was just a plane ride or phone call away. But now she's gone. I'm just miserable

Someone knocked on the door of my office. In came Ace.

"Maria?"
He turned on the light and scanned the room looking for me. His eyes locked with mine and he looked worried.
"Maria, baby you can't keep doing this you're 4 months pregnant and you haven't been eating or sleeping this isn't good for the baby or you ma. We have an appointment at 4:30 for the doctor to check up on the baby"
I just stared at him
"Get out" i said lowly
"Baby please I'm try-"
"Please ace please, can you please get out please im begging you"

I started crying and he tried touching me but I moved. He kissed my forehead and left the office.

I got up and threw everything off the desk. I got the vase and threw it through the window and threw everything I could get a hold of around the room

"Aaaaaggghhh" I dropped to the floor and crying.

why does everything have to go bad in my life?

The door flew open and my mum and dad stood at the doorway looking at the mess I just made.

"Marcus go downstairs for a second" I heard my mum say.
I heard the door shut and my mum came and sat on the floor next to me and pulled my head onto her lap as she played with my hair. This always calms me down

"Do you remember the stories I used to tell you about your aunty Vera?"
I nodded
"She was my best friend all my life. Since I was a baby she was in my life. Before you was born I used to be part of your daddy's empire. I was always by his side in every drop or war that went on. That meant that I had enemies for all the people I killed. They started targeting the people I loved and Vera was one of them. They raped her, beat her senseless, cut her fingers her arms and burned her. That was my best friend. Of 20 years. I was just like you until I found out I was pregnant with you. I was depressed for months. Not eating or sleeping. I used to beat on your daddy, have blackouts and just hit everything and anything. I almost lost you Maria. Twice. That's when I realized that I need to fix up and act like a mother should while pregnant. That's what you have to do now baby girl. I know you're hurting. I know. But you have two boys that haven't seen you in almost 3 months and you are pregnant"

She's right. I haven't seen my twinnes in almost 3 months. I sat up and smiled.

"Thank you old lady" I kissed her cheek
"Anytime shit face. Now let's get you fixed up for this appointment"

And we did just that. I looked like the old me. My hair was way longer and my face was glowing. My baby bump was visible and It was cute.

I need to talk to my boys so I called Rico

CALL CONVO
"Maria! You okay ma?"
"Yeah I'm okay, how's my babies doing?"
"We miss you mummy! Are you feeling better? Daddy said you was sick"
"Mummy's feeling good now, I'll come see you in a few hours okay?"
"Okay mama! Love you"
"Love you too babies, rico thanks for keeping them for me. They can be a handful"
"Don't thank me they my boys it's not a thing. And yes! These lil niggas are more than a handful"
"Stop with all that language around my babies. I hope you ain't teaching them to curse"
"Not at all ma, not at all" he chuckled
"I have to go I have an appointment but I'll be there by 6 okay? Order me some chinese you know the deal"
"I got you Ria"
END OF CALL

I grabbed my phone and looked at my background. It was me and Mira when we went shopping for some of the things for her wedding. Damn I need to stop reminiscing. I grabbed my earphones, got my ray bands and placed them on my eyes. I walked downstairs and ace was in the living room with daddy. I stood back to listen to their conversation.
"You gonna tell her?"
"Man, I don't know. If I knew that Kim shot up that wedding I would've stopped her. I didn't know man"

Wait. Kim as in Kimberly. that's the bitch that took my best friend away from me.

"You gotta tell her I can't keep this from my baby girl or baby moms. I can't have both my ladies mad and me man. Fix this my nigga and quick"

I took a deep breath and walked into the living room.

"Baby girl how you feeling?" Daddy asked.
"I'm fine. I'm ready to meet my son lets go"
"Hoooooollllddddd up! who said we having a boy?"
"I did, now let's go before I beat yo ass!" I shot back

He laughed and kissed me.
I felt my skin crawl as his lips connected with mine. He took my hand and led me to the car. I got in and thought about how I'm gonna confront him about this. I got it!

-the next two chapters are gonna be mainly Maria's P.O.V
-Maria's background pic on the side
VOTE VOTE VOTE
SHARE SHARE SHARE
COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT✅✅📖📖
NO GHOST FOLLOWERS👻🚫
-Richellexoxo✨🌹