Chapter 12

Lily's P.O.V.

I woke up to Sweet Dreams by Marilyn Manson blasting. I jumped up from my bed and hit my head on the dresser. "Ow!" I hated that just the littlest things scared me. I looked over at Alexia. She was still sleeping so I decided that I was going to take a quick shower. I turned off my iPod and put it on the dresser. I pulled out some dark blue skinny jeans and a plain black babydoll tee. I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I quickly got undressed and got into the shower.

When I was done with my shower, I quickly got dressed and brushed my hair. The blue was starting to fade away so I was going to have to dye it again soon. I didn't need to worry about the black color though because it was my natural hair color. It is a little strange though because no one in my family had black hair. I'm not complaining. I walked into the bedroom to see that Alexia wasn't in the room. She was probably downstairs in the kitchen eating breakfast. I walked downstairs to find Alexia making breakfast. "It smells really good Alexia! What are you making?"

"French toast and omelets. I figured that I would treat us with a nice breakfast because of all the things we have been through in the past few days."

"Wow! That was a really good idea." I walked into the kitchen and got two plates for me and Alexia. I handed the plates to Alexia so that she could serve us. I grabbed my plate and a fork. We both walked over to the table and sat down. "This is really good Alexia!"

"Thanks Lily. So what are we going to do about school?"

"I think we should just drop out. We really can't afford it anymore. We have to worry about paying bills. We can't keep going to school and have full time jobs. That would be way too stressful."

"I totally agree with you Lily. That way we won't have to deal with the bullies at school or homework. If we are going to get jobs, where would we work?"

"Hmmm. I'm not sure yet. We can figure that out later. We still have both our parents money so we can pay the bills for the next month or two." We both finished our breakfast. I got up and grabbed the dishes and I put them in the sink.

"Do you want to go to the mall Lily? That way we can get our mind off things and we could also look for a job."

"That's a really good idea Alexia! Yeah let's go!" As soon as I said that, a loud crash came from our room upstairs. I quickly looked over at Alexia to see that she was shaking like crazy. She was really scared. "Go sit down Alexia. I will handle this." She nodded and sat on the couch. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed the biggest knife I could find. I took a deep breath. 'Let's do this' I thought to myself. I quietly walked upstairs to our room. I looked at the door for a second. I took another deep breath. Well here goes nothing. I grabbed the doorknob and slowly opened the door.

Jeff's P.O.V.

I finally made it to the house that Lily was staying in. I looked up at her window and sighed. I think I'm going to tell her my feelings for her. But what if she doesn't feel the same way about me? I know she's still mad at me for what I did. I'm just going to have to take my chances. I climbed up to the window and opened it. When I climbed into the room, I tripped and face planted on the floor. Fuck!! Lily and whoever else lived here most likely heard that. I heard foot steps coming upstairs. I quickly sat up and pulled out my knife. I quickly hid under the bed. When the door opened, I held my breath.

"H-hello? Who's there?" Just my luck. It was Lily. I stayed hidden when she walked into the room.

"Lily.. What was that noise?" Yelled a distant voice that probably came from downstairs.

"I don't know! There's nothing in here. Must have been the cat."

"Ok well then lets go!"

"Ok just let me grab my things." She walked over to the dresser and set down a knife. When her back was turned, I silently got out from under the bed and stood up.