Part 8

*Thea's PoV*

     About an hour after Carl left, I went to take a walk around Alexandria. It was quite, a slight breeze ruffling my hair. The few people that were out and about smiled and waved in a friendly manner. It felt normal. As if I left these big walls I wouldn't have to fear for my life. Where could get in the car and drive to the grocery store with my family. Now, that was just a pipe dream.

I stood in the shade of a large tree as I watched the people interact with each other. I was caught in a daydream of the past. A past where I would willingly surround myself with the people that meant the most to me.

Nowadays, I just had Carl and his group. They were slowly growing on me. In time, they will be the people that I will love the most. I willingly put myself in their care, hoping they won't let me down or kill me. These people were the people I could put my trust into.

"Hey, long time no see," Carl joked from behind me. I jumped, startled by his sudden presence. I turned around slowly and grinned at him. I looked him over and noticed his gun on him, along with a few faint blood splatters. I looked past him to see Rick, Daryl, and Carol still coming in the gate.

"What did you go outside for?" I asked. He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"It was kind of a last minute thing. Something about what my dad told me earlier. Please, don't be mad at me for not wanting to tell you," he said nervously. I smiled.

"I'm not mad at you. I don't need to know what goes on between you and your dad. It's not my business," I reassured him.

"Thanks, Thee," he grinned, kissing my cheek. I pushed him away with a smile.

"Thee? Is that going to be my new nickname?" I asked amused. He nodded enthusiastically.

"Get used to it 'cause it's sticking," he told me. I laughed.

"Good thing I like it, Cowboy," I smiled happily. He gave me a cheeky smirk, and I rolled my eyes. I glanced over and saw Daryl sitting on his porch. It made me think of him and Carl leaving my house earlier.

"What did Daryl give you earlier? When you guys left my house?" I asked curiously. His eyes widened, and he averted his eyes away from me. I looked at him with a impassive face, waiting for him to tell me.

"Well, he, um..." he trailed off before sighing heavily, "Just look for yourself," he muttered. He reached into his back pocket slowly to pull it out, and I reached my hand forward, ready to receive it. Once he had it, he dropped it into my hand.

When I looked down at the small item that rested in my hand, I had to suppress a scream. A cold, foil packet stared up at me. I trailed my eyes up to Carl's blushing face.

"I'm gonna kill him," I muttered as I locked my eyes on my target. I stalked over to him with Carl slowly trailing behind.

"Dixon!" I yelled to get his attention as I stormed over to him. He looked up, and he had the audacity to smirk. I finally stopped in front of him.

"Really, Daryl? A condom?" I whisper-yelled so people, a.k.a Rick, wouldn't hear. He started laughing.

"I told you, Thea. It's better to use protection than having a baby," he stated. I huffed and crossed my arms.

"Unbelievable," I scoffed, shaking my head.

"You're welcome. Now run along, you crazy kids," he smiled. I sighed and turned around. I gave the condom back to Carl as we walked away.

"Don't plan on using that anytime soon," I warningly teased. I patted his chest and walked ahead, knowing he would easily catch up. Once he did, he grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips, planting a sweet kiss on the back of it.