Part 18

Thea's PoV

    I stood there in shock; the only thing separating me and Deanna's reanimated corpse was a thin line of rope. Her arms were outstretched, desperately trying to get to me, so she can sink her teeth into my flesh. I bit my lipsto stop the tears from flowing. Today was not my day. I took a deep breath and ducked under to rope to have better access to Deanna. With my knife drawn, I started to go in for the kill. Mid-knife swing, Carl caught my arm and pushed both of us a part. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked, trying to get around him. 

"You wouldn't understand. Just go home, Thea. I'll be there soon," he said sternly, pulling me back by the arm. I shook my head and tried my hardest to break free. His grip was like iron. I pulled harder.

"Go home. You can't kill her. It needs to be by someone who loved her. Her family," he growled, letting me go, so he could hold Deanna back from grabbing a hold of us. I planted my feet stubbornly, scowl on my face.

"Fine, but I'm not leaving you," I stated hardheadedly. He groaned, his breath coming faster from the effort he was putting into keeping Deanna from moving. 

"Thea, go! I have to do this by myself," he yelled fiercely. I flinched at his tone of voice. I backed up slowly. Not once have I heard him yell, especially at me. The tears I was holding back now began to fall. Not only was I not used to hear him yelling, that last time I was yelled at like that was when I was forced to kidnap Glenn and Maggie back in the day. I took one last look at him struggling against Deanna, before I turned tail and ran. 

    I ran all the way back to Alexandria without stopping. I climbed the wall and went back to the house. All the while, tears blurred my vision. I stomped up the stairs and locked myself up in my room. There, all alone, I broke down for the second time in two months. I hated being a teenage girl in the apocalypse. The emotions ran way higher than they should. 

    If Carl didn't come back tonight, I would never stop blaming myself. I should have told him I loved him. I should have absolutely refused to go out today. None of this would have happened. 

    I stormed around my room and began to throw anything I could get my hands on. I was trying to release as much anger as I could before someone came back. This went on for a solid five minutes before I finally collapsed on my bed. I put a pillow over my mouth and screamed. I didn't want to wake Judith up or make any more noise than I already have. 

    I eventually tired myself out. My head hurt from crying; I had a few cuts on my hands from throwing sharp objects, and my throat was sore from screaming. I passed out, my head still buried in my soft pillow. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

        A while later, I was awoken to a knock on my door. I looked out my window, and saw that dusk had now fallen. I must have been asleep longer than I thought. While gazing out the window, the knock came again. 

"Who is it?" I croaked. My voice hoarse from earlier. 

"It's Carl. Can you let me in?". I frowned.

"No. Go away," I commanded. My heart had l swelled at him returning, but I was still beyond pissed.

"Look, I'm sorry about earlier. Can we talk about it?" he pleaded. I sighed. Maybe I should just hear him out. It's the least I could do. I slowly got out of bed, and walked to the door. I had to be careful, my room was a mess now. Trash and broken items littered the floor. My hand stung as I twisted to door knob. My cuts had stopped bleeding, but they were still raw and irritated..