18. Saturday

~ Kyle

I woke up to a pounding on my door. Rolling over, I remembered that I was at home, not at school. No wonder why my bed was too cold and too empty.

The banging continued. "Kyle! Wake up!"

Colton. Of course.

Sitting up, I shouted to my brother, "I'm up, I'm up. Hold on."

I opened my door to reveal Colton dressed in his green and white soccer uniform, his cleats in one hand, and soccer ball tucked under his other arm. Was it time to go already?

"What time is it?" I asked him, trying to find my phone from wherever I tossed it last night.

"Almost nine."

I stopped what I was doing and turned to face him. "You realize your game starts at noon, right? You still have three hours, and it takes ten minutes to drive to the field."

He shrugged. "I wanted to get ready."

Sighing, I remembered my phone was still in my pocket, so I quickly grabbed it. There was a text on the screen from Freddy, which he must have sent after I left his place well after midnight: Don't worry, your secret's safe with me. I smiled at it, glad to know someone, other than my actual boyfriends, accepted me.

"Who you smiling at?" Colton asked. I forgot he was still standing there.

"Nobody," I answered quickly. I didn't have a chance to remove the text from the screen before he grabbed my phone, the soccer ball dropping to the floor. "Give that back!"

His eyes widened as he read the message. "What secret?"

"It's called a secret for a reason. Now give me back my phone."

He gasped in surprise as my phone gave a ding. I got another text. I really hoped it wasn't bad.

"Who's Josh? Is this your roommate Josh? You're gay roommate?"

Oh no.

I reached for my phone, but Colton took a step back. "Why is he saying this, Kyle?"

"Give me my phone so I can see it. Then maybe I'll tell you."

Colton ran to the end of the hallway. "He called you babe!"

Oh no. At least it wasn't a dick pic though.

I ran after him. "That's just what he calls people." I'm sure I was probably blushing. I really hoped I wasn't. 

"He says he misses you. And why would you be dead?"

"It's a joke. Come on, Colton. Give me my phone back or I won't take you to the game."

His eyes widened in fear as he practically threw the phone back to me. Why didn't I just use that threat earlier?

Hopefully Colton forgets all about this. If he came to the conclusion that there was something going on between Josh and I, my parents would definitely find out before the weekend was over.

~ Josh

Last night was definitely interesting.

Let's just say that the three of us all managed to squeeze into Leo's bed for the night, and of course, I, being the smallest, was in the middle. And no, there was no sex involved, of any kind. Just good old fashion cuddling.

I also made a very important discovery. These dorm beds were barely made for two people, let alone three.

I woke up when Leo slid out from under me. I guess I was a lot easier to move than Jackson, who actually had his arm draped over my side. I'll admit, Jackson was a pain to sleep next to.