31. Part of the Family

~ Josh

"Kyle, wake up," I whispered, shaking his shoulder gently. I didn't want to wake up Leo or Jackson. They didn't need to get up this early.

He groaned and rolled over, tucking his face into my chest. Why did I have to be the only morning person here?

I ran a finger down the back of his neck lightly and he shivered. Opening one of his eyes, Kyle looked up at me.

"What are you doing, Josh?" he whispered.

"We need to wake up, honey." I kissed his nose. "My mom's gonna be here soon."

He tucked his head back against me. "Why?"

"You know why."

Sitting up, he kissed my forehead. "I love Abbey and everything, but it really isn't necessary for her to take us out to breakfast."

"She just wants to help, Kyle. Come on, she'll be here soon."

Kyle finally pushed himself out of bed with a sigh. "Do I have time to shower?"

I looked at the time. We had an hour before Mama said she'd get here. But Kyle didn't need to know that yet.

"Only if I join."

He shook his head but smiled.. "If we make your mom wait, it's your fault." Then he turned and walked out of the room.

I quickly climbed out of bed after him, glad that the two of us decided to sleep on this side so we wouldn't have to wake Leo and Jackson up by climbing over them, and followed him into the bathroom.

Kyle was already undressed and turning on the shower when I walked in, and he quickly covered himself when I opened the door.

"Babe," I sighed. "It's been in me. I think we're a bit past modesty here."

He chuckled an removed his hands. "Sorry, Colton had a habit of just walking in on me, even when I locked the door."

He looked like he was getting sad again, thinking about his family. I closed the distance between us and put my hands around his waist.

"I love you," I said, looking up into his eyes.

He looked down at me and smirked. "I love you too, Joshy-poo."

My eyes went wide and I backed up from him. "How did y- Jackson."

Kyle smiled. "He told me last night." When Kyle was feeling particularly down, of course.

"God, I'm gonna kill my sister. No, I can't do that to Justin. He only recently proposed... Then I'll just kill Jackson, but then -"

"Come on, babe, before the water gets cold." Kyle took a step closer to me and pulled off my shirt, making me stop talking. Once it was off, he kissed me, pushing me up against the sink.

Kyle hadn't been like this all week, and as much as I loved it, we did have some sort of a time constraint today. I pushed gently against his chest.

"I hate being a buzzkill here, but my mom is coming soon."

"You're such a tease," Kyle said, stepping under the stream of water.

I feigned being hurt by his words. "But I didn't do anything!" Eyeing his erection, I slid my pants down past my own. "I can definitely suck on it though, if that'll help."

I stepped under the water with him and he wrapped his arms around me. "Whatever you want to do, Joshy-poo."

I scoffed and turned my back to him. "You're not getting anything now."