47. Date Night

~ Kyle

I woke up when someone tried climbing over me. Grabbing hold of their waist, before even opening my eyes, I pulled the small body close to mine.

"Kyle," Josh groaned in my ear. "I need to pee. Let me get up."

I held him tighter and buried my face into his neck. "No."

"Kyle, I'm really not in the mood. Please, just let me up."

I sighed, but let go of him. Something's been bothering him the last couple of days, but he wouldn't say what.

Actually, it's been ever since we cancelled the date plans because of everything that happened with Jackson. It's been practically a week and no date. Maybe that's what this is about.

I turned onto my side to face Jackson. He had such the perfect baby face when he was sleeping. Sometimes, like right now, his mouth hung open a little bit, with a tiny drip of drool threatening to fall out.

If it were anyone but one of my boyfriends, I probably would have been disgusted.

I kissed him gently, ultimately getting his drool all over my face, but I didn't mind. He let out a moan and curled further into me.

"Are you really that horny, Kyle?" I heard Josh ask as he climbed back over Leo. "Trying to make out with someone who's sleeping?"

I rolled over towards him as he laid down between me and Leo. "Maybe that's because you left me." I went in for a kiss, but he stopped my with a hand on my chest.

"Please, Kyle? I'm just really tired. Can we not?"

I nodded slowly. Something was definitely bothering him. I made a mental note to talk to Jackson in the morning about this date. If this was going to have been Josh's first date, he's probably blaming himself for not going, knowing him.

I pulled him closer to me so that his head was tucked into my chest. In this position, we both drifted back off to sleep for the next couple of hours until we actually needed to get up for class.

It was later that afternoon that I was finally alone with Jackson. He was at his desk when I came into the room.

I started talking as I walked over. "Hey, Jackson, um, I'm not trying to pester you about this, but weren't you going to take us out on a date? It's been a week."

He looked up and his eyes widened as he realized what I had said. "Shit. No it hasn't. What day is it?"

I leaned up against the wall next to his desk. "Well, tomorrow will be one week. Technically."

"Why are you just bringing this up now?"

"Have you even seen Josh the last couple of days? I feel like he's upset because we haven't gone. He was really excited about his first date ever, but it never happened."

He shook his head slowly. "And he's totally beating himself up over it, isn't he?"

I shrugged. "He's not saying anything, but he's not acting like himself either. I figured it was the whole date thing."

Jackson ran a hand through his hair. "Shit. I'm a terrible boyfriend. I completely forgot about the date, and I didn't even notice Josh acting like that. Tell me I'm a terrible boyfriend."

I sighed, sitting down on his lap. I held his face him my hands. "Sure, you've made some mistakes before, but that doesn't make you a terrible boyfriend. Being terrible wouldn't get you this." I brought my face to his to gently press our lips together. When we pulled apart, I smiled. "I still love you, for some ungodly reason. And so do the other two. We wouldn't love someone who was terrible."