29. Pain and Tears

~ Jackson

He just looked so tempting walking into the room that I just couldn't help myself. I also may have been a tad horny. But as soon as I could, I slammed my lips against Kyle's, immediately grabbing his crotch, which was already getting hard.

Breaking the kiss, slightly out of breath, Kyle gave me a small smile, and pulled me into the bedroom. I pushed him back onto the bed, and yanked down his pants, letting his erection spring free. I really wanted him in my mouth.

I was about to climb into the bed with him when his phone rang. Of course.

Kyle groaned and shuffled around his pockets, then pulled out his phone. "I'm so sorry, Jackson. It's my mom. She'll freak if I don't answer." I nodded, understanding. I knew how his mom could be. "Hi, Mom. I'm kinda bu- stop yelling, I can't understand you." He sat up, eyes wide. "Have I ever had sex with a guy? Mom, that's a bit personal, don't you think?"

I think I knew where this was going and I really hoped I was wrong.

"Well, Colton says a lot of things." He looked at me like he was about to break down. "And if I am?" He didn't say anything for a minute, but I heard the buzz of his mom's voice coming through the phone. She did not sound happy.

Then, Kyle hung up and leaned into me, without saying anything. I just hugged him back, not asking questions. I'm pretty sure I already knew what had happened anyway.

After a few minutes, Kyle stood up and pulled up his pants, obviously not feeling what we were doing anymore, then sat back down on the edge of the bed. He pulled me down so that I was sitting next to him.

"They hate me," he said softly into my shoulder. I could tell he was on the verge of tears. "Colton said something and now they know I'm gay. She said not to come home anymore."

I couldn't even say anything before he burst into tears. I gently rubbed his back, not sure what else I could do. I couldn't exactly tell him everything will be okay, because I had a feeling it wouldn't be okay. At least not for a long time.

I don't know how long we stayed like that, long after Kyle had cried himself to sleep, that's for sure, when I heard the door open.

"Sure, I've thought about it. I'm surprised you have, though," Leo was saying, most likely to Josh.

I gently got up and laid Kyle's head on a pillow before walking out into the common room, closing the door behind me.

~ Leo

I was just about to walk inside the building when I heard my name being called behind me. Turning, I saw Josh making his way over. Smiling and unlocking the door, I held it open for him.

"Thanks, babe," he said with a smile.

"You know," I started, following him in. "You never told us what you were thinking about yesterday in the hallway." His cheeks turned bright red as he pressed the button for the elevator. It opened immediately. "Come on, Josh. It's gotta be something good, the way you're blushing."

He waited until the doors closed and we were alone in the elevator. "So, did you notice how attractive Kyle and Jackson looked when they were upset with us? It got me thinking that I wanted both of them in me at the same time." He said that last part quietly, like he didn't want anyone to overhear. Like there was anyone here to overhear us.

I looked at him, shocked, just as the elevator opened up to our floor. I never would have guessed he would want that.

"Have you ever thought about that?" He unlocked our room door and opened it.

"Sure, I've thought about it. I'm surprised you have, though." I closed the door behind me and turned to see Jackson coming out of the bedroom, closing that door. That was odd. We never closed that door unless someone was sleeping and we weren't. But Kyle wasn't one to sleep in the middle of the day.

"Kyle?" Josh asked, obviously coming to the same conclusion as me.

Jackson nodded his head a tiny bit and sat down on the couch with a sigh. Both Josh and I walked over to him.

"He just cried himself to sleep. His mom had called him. Apparently, his brother had finally slipped up about him being gay. He's not allowed home anymore."

Josh covered his mouth with both hands and sank into the couch, not saying anything. Frankly, I didn't know what to say either, so naturally, I said, "Shit. That's gotta hurt." Well, duh, Leo. Of course it hurt him if he cried himself to sleep. I wasn't very good with dealing with crying people. Good thing Kyle wasn't actually here right now; I'd probably just make it worse.

Jackson looked up at me. "Yeah. I just feel so bad for him."

I sat down next to Josh. "At least he still has us. I know my parents would let him stay with us in a heartbeat over breaks and stuff." At least I hoped so. They also didn't yet know that I was dating him too. I wondered how that conversation would go over.

"Us too," Josh said. "My moms love you guys, and they hate seeing people being rejected by their parents, especially because Mama was. I'm sure she'd be more than willing to talk to Kyle about it."

"Who's talking to me about what?"

We all turn around to find Kyle standing in the doorway. His eyes were red, and I could definitely tell that he had been crying.

"Jackson told us what your mom said," I said gently. "I'm really sorry, Kyle."

"Mama was in the same boat you are right now," Josh said, standing up and walking over to Kyle. "I'm sure she'll be more than happy to talk about it, if you want."

Kyle nodded and wrapped his arms around Josh. "I just don't know why they can't accept me." He looked like he was about to cry again. As much as I hated crying, I hated seeing other people cry even more, especially if it was someone I cared about.

Kyle was definitely someone I cared about.

~ Kyle

I kept hearing her words echoing through my head. 

You're no son of mine. 

Never step foot in this house again.

I hate you.

I was glad, however, that Jackson told them. I really didn't want to retell it.

But how could Colton do that to me? I knew it was inevitable, once he found out. But I thought it would take longer than this. Just over two weeks since I was home. I wished more time had passed before this, but at the same time, I am slightly surprised that Colton was able to keep my secret this long.

Maybe he finally decided that he didn't like me anymore.

Hugging Josh was comforting, though. I knew that he cared about me. Leo and Jackson, too. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have them in my life. Well, I might still believe I was straight and not be kicked out of my house.

I felt the tears coming again. God, I hated crying in front of people. I felt weak. Pathetic. 

Josh took a step back and pulled me over to the couch. He sat me down in between Jackson and Leo before climbing into my lap. Jackson started rubbing my back softly, which helped, and Leo grabbed my hand.

"It's okay to cry," Leo said. "It'll make it hurt a little bit less." That coming from Leo really made me okay with crying. I've only seen him cry like this once, and if he said it made things easier, why shouldn't I cry too?

I tucked my head into Josh's neck and just lost it, sobbing into him. I knew I was probably soaking his shirt, but I couldn't get myself to stop.

My parents hated me. My worst fear was now a reality. It hurt worse than I could have ever imagined it to. 

I don't know if I can ever get past this pain. Not even crying was helping.