41. Heroes

~ Kyle

"You're totally thinking about them, aren't you?"

I jumped, not realizing Freddy had come in. I had been staring out the window, and yes, I was missing my boyfriends. But can you blame me? I haven't seen them in practically a month, except over Skype occasionally.

"So?" I questioned, turning to face him. "Am I not allowed to?"

He shrugged. "You can think, dude, just don't act on that ragging boner you got going on. Not on the couch, please."

I immediately grabbed one of the tiny pillows that he had lying around, which really didn't seem like something he'd own, but I never questioned, and covered my lap with it, not even looking down.

"I'm sorry I haven't had sex in a month." I just had to make it two more days, then we were allowed to move back in for the spring semester.

Freddy shook his head. "Dude. Don't forget that one of your ridiculous number of boyfriends is my cousin. I don't need to know that shit."

About that, I was glad he and Leo got the whole thing situated. Apparently it all had to do with Freddy's little sister who had died just before the Milford's moved here our freshman year of high school. Neither of them would give me anymore information than that, though.

"Just accept it, man," I said with a smile. "Your cousin loves it up the ass."

He laughed, probably just thinking I said that to get on his nerves, the way I've casually brought up my sex life in conversations all month. I mean, it's not like I'm the only one. He's always telling me about the latest girl he's hooked up with. In details that I really didn't want to think about.

I was really only repaying the favor.

Even though I seriously missed the three of them, I was glad that I spent winter break with Freddy. We haven't really seen each other over the past year and a half since we graduated high school, only sometimes when I was home for breaks. I just wished I could have seen them for New Year's. Josh and Leo had gotten together for it, and I would have, too, except I had to drive Freddy around to different parties because he planned to get drunk off his ass, which he definitely did.

I would have felt worse about it if Jackson had gone to the Reynolds' party too. But he was busy with a whole bunch of court stuff to get his uncle convicted for the rape, which, thankfully, is all over with now. He was going to be spending quite a few years behind bars. Not as many as he deserved, but as many as they could charge him with.

The next two days flew by, with all the packing I've been doing. I had taken all the necessary things from home and moved them to here, but I would feel bad using Freddy's house as storage while I was at school. So that meant it was all coming back to school with me. Good thing it wasn't an excessive amount of stuff.

I had just finished putting the last box in my car when I heard my name being called from behind me. I turned to see a familiar face.

I smiled. "Lucy? Hey. What are you doing here?" Lucy was one of my close friends in high school, but I haven't seen her since the summer. I wasn't even sure I still had her phone number. Frankly, I had kind of forgotten about her. Oops. Maybe we weren't as close as I first thought.

She had her dog with her and she pointed down. "Taking Gus here on a walk. He's getting fat. But what are you doing here? I mean, I know you're friends with Freddy and all, but I had run into your mom a couple weeks ago and asked about you."

"Oh, god. What did she say?"

"That you don't live here any more. She didn't tell me why."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. She was going to end up finding out eventually. "I'm gay."