What's mine is mine

AN Double update! I am thinking maybe 10 more chapters for this book? 10 sounds good right? maybe? If I can finish this then I will be ok, I will start another story, of your choosing and then go on with that. But still don't expect usual updates, we shall call them Magic updates because I will not know when I update nor will you. 

Writer pov (I have decided that for the rest this will be in writer pov as to get some more insight into how Michael feels too) 

"How are things with you and Michael?" Calum asks as they sat at their table for breakfast. It had been another month since Michael told Ashton about his story. A month since Ashton realised Michael could be leaving any day. He didn't know how long he had and apparently neither did Michael. 

Calum and Luke had noticed that Ashton was being a bit clingy to Michael, Michael had noticed it too but Michael understood that something was bothering Ashton Michael just wasn't ready to ask what it was. Michael feared that Ashton was going to break it off with him, he feared that if he was to be freed soon that Ashton wouldn't even care. Michael was thinking maybe Ashton only pretends to like him because Michael keeps him safe. 

"There are new people coming today." Ashton says, hoping his friends might think that was the problem. 

"So? Look Ashton you have been acting weird for a while now. What's wrong?" Luke asks. 

Michael was looking at his boyfriend from his table, noticing the sad look on his face. Michael didn't know what to do anymore, it just seemed like there was no way to cheer his Cookie up anymore. 

Ashton sighed, he knew his friends wouldn't give up. He would just have to admit that he was scared of Michael leaving. 

"Michael doesn't remember when his sentence ends, he could be leaving any day and it is killing me on the inside knowing that one day I could wake up in my cell and see he's gone. Who would want to date a person that's in jail for life? He wants to marry and adopt a few kids, how will he ever do that with me?" Ashton says, he heard a sob leave his lips to he let his head fall down, crying into his arms. He heard the new people arriving but he didn't care, he felt his friends sit by him, but nothing made him feel safe, other than Michael of course. 

"Well look what we have here, pretty boy is sad." A voice says, a voice Ashton had never heard before. An unfamiliar hand was placed on Ashtons shoulder, he felt Luke and Calum move away. The hand was heavy and big, Ashton was about to look up but the man spoke again. 

"I know I'm new here but I want to tell you. I saw you on the news boy, killing your own father. A pretty little boy like you should have known better. I guess I'll have to find out who's bitch you and and fuck them up because I have needed you since your showed up with you in that tight little skirt of yours at that pokergame. Just my luck that I got put into the same jail as you." The voice says, Ashton suddenly started to recognize his voice just a bit. 

"You're a friend of my dad's." Ashotn whispers, trying to remember which of the guys he was. 

"Yes I am, it was an untimely death you know, he owed me money." The voice said, Ashton closed his eyes, taking a deep breath but of course like always the hand was removed and there was a loud snapping sound then a painfull groan. 

"I SUGGEST YOU KEEP YOUR DIRTY FUCKING HANDS OFF OF MY BOYFRIEND! HE IS MINE YOU GOT THAT!" Michael screams, there was a whimper and Ashton stood up, standing next to Michael. Michael wrapped his arms around Ashton's shoulder. 

"Did he say something?" Michael asks. 

"He's a friend of my fathers." Ashton said, looking down at the big burly man, no wonder Luke and Calum got scared to say anything. OF course Michael always stood up for Ashton so Luke and Calum did get off the hook. Ashton knew this guy though, Ashton didn't think he deserved to get just a broken hand. A small piece inside of Ashton was feeling a great deal of pleasure seeing the pain the guy was in. 

"Is he now?" Michael asks. 

"I recognize you know, I remember that night." Ashton says, looking down at the man that was looking at his hands with tears in his eyes. 

"I hope you remember the pain you are in right now, touch me again and I am sure my boyfriend won't be so nice." Ashton says. 

"Are you ok Cookie? I've never heard you talk like this." Michael says, Michael was now extra worried he knew Ashton would never wish for harm upon another. 

"He deserved that." Ashton says with a shrug. Michael shrugs too, he then looks over to the line of other new guys. 

"As you have all witnessed right now, I do not deal lightly with men  hitting on my boyfriend. If I hear one of you has flirted, touched or as much as winked at him you will be dealt with." Michael says out loud, the new people nodded and looked away from Michael. 

"What's mine is mine and I suggest you all keep that in mine before I ruin your any chance at surviving in here." Michael says. And at that moment, Ashton realized that the 'boss', the big man in this joint. The reason Ashton was getting proper food and his showering utensils, it was the guy holding him at night, the guy kissing him. Michael was the MAN in this place and it took Ashton this long to find that out. 

Ashton is fucked when Michael leaves, Ashton will be immensly, figuratively and literally fucked. Because when the old boss leaves a new one comes and that new one won't be too kind to the little whimpy kid that hooked up with the old boss. 

AN/ Ashton has finally figured out that Michael is the boss, obviously we all saw that coming. How is Michael getting Ashton proper food though? And his shower utensils? What are we missing about Michael that could get him that kind of power?