of First world problems and terms of endearment

I leaned back on the booth and crossed my arms on my chest. "I'm full. You go ahead and finish the pie." I stated.

I was clearly affected by his ministrations at seduction.

I wasn't really full. I still wanted to eat pie but I clearly couldn't even hold my spoon up.

He gave me a sly grin and proceeded to eat the apple pie using my spoon.

Lucky spoon.

Jeez. Jenna! chill out. I mentally slapped myself. I was totally losing it. I watch him demolish the remaining dessert.

Matt suddenly stood up and winked at me. "For a while, babe..just going to the bathroom" He said.

I just stared at him.

Babe? seriously. The little pig just ruined this term for me.

I looked down on my fingers and drummed them on then table. Matt was more of a mystery now than before. I mean seriously, He was all sorts of confident. flirting with me, a virtual nobody and totally ignoring the appreciative glances of half the girls in this establishment, including the library.But looks like a lost puppy when I catch him staring at me. He must really be heartbroken over his Ex. And if I looked a lot like her, Isn't he just punishing himself further by hanging out with me? I shrugged and looked up.

I saw him at the counter talking to Dee. Dee was laughing and batting her eyelids at him.

All the females here love Matt, apparently.

I swallowed a chuckle as I watched Matt turn around and walk towards me. His face was contorted in mock horror. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Dee there just told me about half a dozen girls asked her to slip me their numbers" He whispered quietly and looking around him.

I laughed.

Not a lady like laugh. A real full on guffaw. People around us gave us weird glances.

" Wow, First world problems..." I manage to say in between laughs. I had tears in my eyes and banging on the table. I could see Matt pouting and it was adorable as F.

"It's not funny." He continued to complain.

"Whatever, cassanova.." I waved my hands at him.

He grabbed my hand and intertwined his fingers into mine "Too bad I've only got eyes for you". His eyes softened as he looked at me.

That got me to stop laughing and I coughed a little. I swallowed hard and averted my eyes from him.

"come on, let's get out of here" He tugged at my hand and stood up, dragging me behind  him.

"Wait, how about the bill?" I cried trying to tug my hand back. He only tightened his hold on me. "already done, babe."

There's that damn term again.

He proceeded to drag me out of the diner.

"Bye you lovebirds!" I heard Dee call out. I manage a small wave before I was pulled through the diner door.

We were already half way to his car and I was staring at our intertwined hands. It didn't feel weird at all. I liked holding his hand. I love the way his big hand  enveloped my small one. I felt safe.

What was this guy doing to me?

"Uhm..how much do i owe you, Matt?" I manage to croak out.

He continued to drag us towards his car. Maybe he didn't hear me. I tugged at my hand.
"Uhm, Matt.." I started again.