of break-up benders and revelations

"Hi Dora, fancy meeting you here. Where have you been exploring?" His voice was smooth as silk.

"Hi Brandon." I deadpanned.

He chuckled. I shot him a dirty look.

Thankfully, the bartender returned, unfortunately, with my bottle of water. I moved to get some money from my purse.

"Put it on my tab." Brandon quickly said and dismissed the guy.

"But seriously, what brings you here?" He asked while he faced me.

I opened my water and took a sip. " Oh, it's a long story." I shook my head.

"Well, then it's a good thing I have a lot of time in my hands right now." He flashed me a cheeky grin. "Come, lets get a table. I feel like we have lots to talk about." He gestured over to the cozy tables over the rest of the bar.

I nodded my head and slipped off the barstool as gracefully as my short legs would allow. Maybe Brandon had some news about Matt. I was a bit curious how he has been these days. ok fine, not a bit, I was dying for some information on Matt. I thought about calling Antonia,but she was away at school. I didn't want to bother his 18 year old sister with my problems.

Brandon walked us over a booth and motioned for me to sit. I slid in and got comfortable in the cushioned seat. " So, would you like something to eat?"

"Do you think they have chocolate cake here?" I whispered to him. I suddenly had a hankering for the sinful stuff.

He raised a questioning eyebrow at me leaned closer "I'll see what I can do." he murmured like it was some big state secret.

I leaned back and bit my lip.

He called over a waiter and ordered, while I grabbed my bag to text Izzy. I have completely forgotten to text her. She might be going ballistic. True enough, there were a series of missed calls and messages. I quickly shot her an 'I am fine and alive text" then shoved my phone back into my purse.

"So, Brandon, what brings you here?" I looked over at him.

"I was meeting some clients here. I just finished my meeting when I saw you sitting there. I knew that butt was yours the moment I saw it." He chuckled

I was horrified. My face burst into flames. "You are a piece of work Brandon Sheffield."

He smiled a self indulgent smile.

The waiter returned with a rather large slice of heavenly looking chocolate cake for me and a plate of thick cut fries which he laid out in front if Brandon.

I eyed Brandon's plate with envy while stuffing my face with cake.

He laughed and pushed the plate towards me.

"I must say Dora, either you're PMSing or you are in some serious break-up bender." as he pointed to the food in front of me.

I looked at him quizzically, 'PMSing and break up bender' didn't exactly belong in the vocabulary of guys like Brandon, right?

"Have you spoken to Matt after his parent's party? " I asked instead and nibbled on a fry.

"Hmmm...Yes actually, we had a very interesting talk."