of mornings and phone calls

I woke up to two beautiful brown eyes staring back at me. Matt was lying next to me on my bed with his hands tucked underneath his cheek. His thick hair tousled with sleep and a shadow of a beard was starting.

God he looked sexy. How can anyone look this good this early?!

"morning babe. " he grinned, flashing me his amazingly white and perfect teeth. "I hope you don't mind me sleeping next to you. I just couldn't leave you after last night."

I smiled at him. " Mornin' . You're staring again." I mumbled, slyly covering my mouth with my fingers., 'coz you know, morning breath.

" You look so beautiful and peaceful sleeping. I can't help it" He shrugged.

I smiled and rolled my eyes at him. I turned flat on my back and stared at the ceiling. My eyes felt so puffy and dry from all the crying I did yesterday. I gently rubbed at them while stretching my body.

"Jenna, I really meant what I said. " He said, raising his head and propping it up on his hand to look down on me.

"hmmm..?" I moved my hand slightly and popped one eye open to glance at him.

"You.are.beautiful." He softly said.

Well, that woke me up.

He reached for my hand that was rubbing my eye and slowly brought it near his lips. His eyes never leaving mine while he brought it nearer to his mouth. He brushed his lips ever so lightly along my knuckles while his eyes fluttered close. I stared at my hand and his mouth as electricity ran from my hand throughout my entire body.

Thank God for morning breath and a bit of restraint because I so wanted to push him back on my bed and kiss him senseless.

I visibly swallowed and pushed those thoughts away.

"Uhm..t-thank yo-you..?" I manage to croak out.

His chocolate eyes snapped open and crinkled with amusement. He fell back on the bed on his back, still holding my hand. He held it to his chest and laughed. A deep throaty laugh. The kind that makes the butterflies in my stomach flutter about.

"Mmmm... there is definitely something to be said about waking up next to you babe." He turned his head towards me. " wish i could do it everyday." He winked at me and squeezed my hand.

"Matt?..."

He raised his eyebrows at me, urging me on. He held my other hand firmly to his chest.

"Thank you for last night..." I began to say.

"Last night huh." he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. " Was it good for you as it was good for me?" he chided me.

His retort earned him another eyeroll from me. " Ugh Matt! seriously. No." I slapped him with my free hand and tried to tug my other hand free from his grasp. He was doing such a good job of being a gentleman and he pulls this.

"Just kidding babe!" he chuckled. " It was nothing Jenna, I'm just glad that I was there for you...the entire time." His voice took a sombre tone. He moved so that he was lying on his side facing me. He cupped my face in his hand,and his thumb started stroking my cheek. " You know you mean a lot to me, right? I don't like seeing you like that over someone like him. Forget him, forget yesterday. okay?"

I looked into his eyes and saw a softness in them. I faltered and looked away.

I simply nodded my head. I really did think I was over Bryan. I didn't understand what came over me yesterday. I turned my head and stared back at the ceiling. " Just know that I really appreciate everything you've done. You are my hero." I squeezed his hand that held mine. He squeezed back.