of fairy godmothers and uncomfortable encounters

I stared at my phone while I lay in bed. I felt so spent after crying and talking to Izzy. Of course she wanted to kick Matt's ass ,for well, being an ass. She even offered to drive here just to come and get me. It was tempting but I wanted to talk to Matt. I didn't want to go running away from our problem.

There was a soft knock on the door. I sat up, hoping it was Matt.

"Come in." I called.

The door slowly opened and Antonia peeked in. I slightly deflated.

"Hi. Can I come in?" She asked.

I tried to wipe my face off of any remnants of tears.

"Yeah, sure. " I smiled at her.

She walked slowly towards me. "Listen, thank you for what you did at breakfast this morning." I felt the bed dip as she sat down beside me. "And...I know that you and my jack-ass brother are having a fight of some sort."

I turned to her in shock. "How?"

"I saw him standing outside your door this morning when I came home." She looked at me hesitantly. "He looked really agitated...and sad. He looked like he wanted to knock down your door, but he stormed out instead. He didn't see me, so don't worry." She grabbed my hand.

"Yeah, we had a bit of a fight last night. I told him to see me only if he was ready to talk about what he is really feeling."

Antonia tilted her head to the side. "Feeling? about what?"

I took a deep breath.

"The first time we met, he told me that I reminded him of someone. Ever since then, I've been trying to find out who she was. Matt always clammed up when I open the subject, and last night, Brandon's housekeeper, Trudy let slip something and things got weird between Brandon and him." I explained.

"Oh...that..." She whispered and slowly stood up.

I grabbed at her hand. "What do you mean? Do you know something?" I pleaded with her.

She stood there, shifting from one foot to another.

"I don't really know anything for sure. I was a kid when it happened so I don't really remember anything." she glanced at me. "All I know is that yes, there was a girl involved, and Matt and Brandon got into some trouble and had a sort of falling out."

I stared at her in utter disbelief.

"Who was she? where is she now?" I managed to ask. "What kind of trouble?"

Antonia gave me a slight frown. "It's really not my story to tell Jenna. It has always been a touchy subject in our household."

I nodded my head and looked away.

"Listen, it's in the past anyway, My brother can be a stupid idiot at times, but he'll come around." She tried to reassure me. "Come with me."

I turned my head and saw her extending her hand out.

"Let's get ready for the party together. I feel like going fairy godmother on you." She grinned at me. "Let's make Matt eat his heart out."

----------------------

An eternity and a million outfit changes later, I stood in front of Antonia's full length mirror.

"Woah." I stared at myself. I didn't look like myself. I was primped and polished an inch from my life. Antonia even gave me another dress to wear, although I brought one with me. She said my dress didn't go with her over all vision for me. I shrugged and let her do her fairy god mother magic on me. I was too emotionally drained to even put up a physical fight.