of movie nights and for future reference

"So..what movie do you want to watch?" Matt called out from my living room couch. I was in the kitchen popping some popcorn. It was a wednesday night and Matt deemed it to be our first 'Movie night wednesdays'. I laughed at him when he called me this morning. We hadn't had the opportunity to hang-out since we had breakfast days ago. He already started classes and was sometimes called away for work. He told me he missed me already and 2 days without his 'daily dose of jenna made him weak'. His words, I swear. I rolled my eyes and agreed to have movie night wednesdays.

"Anything you want, I don't really care!" I yelled back over the sound of popping corn.

I heard him say something muffled and laugh. I shrugged my shoulders and stared back at the microwave, watching the timer count down. As soon as the microwave beeped, signaling that it was done, I grabbed the popcorn packet and poured the contents into a large plastic bowl. I grabbed a couple of sodas that Matt brought and had placed in the fridge to chill and sauntered into my living room.

Matt was already seated on my couch and fiddling with the remote. I placed the sodas on the coffee table next to the pizza that Matt had delivered. "So..what are we watching?" I asked while I plopped down on the couch next to Matt holding the big bowl of popcorn.

"The Conjuring."

" If you're doing this to scare me, you're wrong. You know, I actually like watching scary movies...as long as someone is with me. It's after the movie , when my imagination goes wild , is when I have problems."  I pointed out to him and stuffed a handful of popcorn in my mouth. "I've actually wanted to watch this one for the longest time. Nobody wants to watch horror movies with me. So you're actually doing me a favor."

"Hmm..and I was hoping to have a round two of our horror house adventure." Matt grinned and moved to get some popcorn.

I turned and moved the bowl away from him. " Oh, don't worry, You might regret it later." I laughed.

Halfway through the movie I was practically wrapped around Matt, cowering. I had already screamed at him, dug my nails into his arms, hid behind his back during the parts that you just know would lead to something scary.

Matt was laughing at me. " Now I get it why no one wants to watch horror movies with you." He hauled me unto his lap and I wrapped my arms around his neck and took a peek at the screen. "Do you even get the story?" He asked while looking down at me. "You're hiding half of the time." He chuckled.

I looked up at him and stared at his amused face. " That's what you're here for, to narrate while I hide. And it's only for the scaring bits anyway." I huffed and rolled my eyes at him. He looked at me and I watched his face grow soft. "You're so damn adorable, you know that babe?" I felt his arms tighten around me and he kissed me on the forehead before looking back on the screen and continued to watch. I felt my face burn from the kiss on my forehead, I swear I was probably beet red. I decided to nestle my head back on the crook of his neck and tried to continue watching.

Finally the movie ended. I tried to get off matt, but he steeled his arms around me. "Where do you think you're going?" He murmured into my ears. I looked down on his arms and that's when I saw them. "Oh! I'm so sorry Matt!" I jumped up and grabbed his arms. I ran my fingers on the multiple semilunar indentations my nails has made on his arms and forearms.

"See..I told you. You'll regret watching horror movies with me." I bit my lip and looked at him. I was feeling so bad about what I had done.

Matt tugged me down to sit next to him. He was smiling. " Hey..It's okay..you didn't mean to. They don't hurt and I didn't even feel them." He wrapped one arm around me. "And besides, i love having you all over me." he whispered into my ear and chuckled. I nudged him with my shoulder and laughed too.