four.

Grayson.

The palms of my hands were sweating as she leaned in closer to me. As her body began to rest on mine, I clenched my jaw and sucked in air through my nose.

She haulted her movements and looked up at me. Her eyes were so easy to get lost in; it was hard to look away.

She began to lean forward as she glanced down at my lips and back up to my eyes. My heart was pounding in my chest and I found myself leaning in too until my rational side stopped me.

We just met.

So instead of caving in to my urges, I quickly distracted her by slipping my arm around her waist and rubbing my thumb on her bare skin.

Her skin was so soft and feeling her underneath my touch was enough to make the corner of my lips curl.

She looked up at me again with a guilty, apologetic smile.

She must feel bad about our "almost kiss"...

I leaned in and decided to tease her by pressing my lips to the corner of her mouth. I could feel her fall into me more as I brought her body closer to mine.

I have no idea why but ever since I first saw her at the beach, i've had this overwhelming desire to protect her. She looked so fragile with no one around to help her.

Now that we've established a sort of friendship, I feel more accountable for her safety, even if that means from me.

Although I've only just met her, I can't deny the fact that the pit of my stomach swarms with this nervous feeling every time I'm with her.

She can do better than me. I've done things I'm not proud of; things I never want to discuss, ever. I'm no good for someone like her; beautiful, pure, innocent. I couldn't ruin something so untouched and perfect. I would never forgive myself if she got hurt because of me or Ethan.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I noticed Ethan turning off the tv.

"The movies' over already?" I asked confusedly. I guess I didn't really pay attention throughout the entire film.

"Yeah, I'm so sleepy bro.." he yawned and stretched his arms above his head.

His eyes made their way down to Mia who was now fast asleep on me for the second time today. She must be exhausted, I know I am.

"What should I do?" I asked Ethan as I glanced down at her sleeping body.

"Well, you're gonna have to wake her up"

I groaned and pouted at his remark. I was shit at waking people up.

My forehead creased as I lent down to whisper in her ear.

"Wake up," I said softly and shook her very slightly. "Mia"

"Hmmm" she hummed in response and snuggled closer into me. I looked up at Ethan who was frowning at Mia.

"Bro," I snapped at him. Ethan just shook his head and stood up from within the cushions on the coach.

"I should probably go," she muffled to no one in particular.

"No," Ethan said sternly turning around. "You're staying with us tonight. It's too late" he added.

"Well, that's very sweet of you but I don't have clothes or anything like that with me..."

"I'll go get you so-" Ethan started.

"I'll give you some of mine" I interrupted while swinging the comforter off my legs and jogging to my room.

I opened my closet and picked out a sweater and a pair of my boxers. These will most likely be extremely too big on her but it's better than sleeping in jean shorts.

There was a small knock on the door, and Mia stepped in slowly.

"Here," I said handing her my clothes. She smiled at me and grasped them in her hands. "You can change in my bathroom right there".

"Thanks, Gray" she replied before walking over to the bathroom and shutting the door.

After saying goodnight to Ethan I laid down in my bed and spread my body over the entire mattress. I closed my eyes and began drifting off until I heard the bathroom door open and saw Mia walk out.

My eyes widened at the sight of her wearing my clothes. Shit.

"I'm gonna go lay out on the couch, so I'll see you in the morning" she smiled sheepishly.

"Wa-What? No, no you can sleep in here with me" I respond sitting up on my elbows.

"Oh, no it's really okay and I don't think it would be a good idea if-"

"There's an extra bed behind you," I cut her off. I already knew she was going to say it wasn't a good idea to sleep in the same bed as me; and in all honesty, she's probably right because I don't know if I could control myself.

She turned her head over her shoulder to see a bed made behind her.

"Are you sure?" she asked locking eyes with me. I scanned her face over and over with my eyes. Jesus, she is so beautiful.

I licked my lips and stood from my bed and walked over to her.

"I'm sure, Mia.." I whispered while placing my hand on her arm and guided her to the extra bed.

All she did was smile as I helped her into bed.

"Goodnight, Grayson" she blushed and laid her head on the pillow. I smiled down at her and nodded my head in acknowledgment.

I made my way back over to my bed and collapsed on my sheets. The moment I made contact with the mattress, I was out like a light with only one thing on my mind.

her.

////

SORRY THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER AND IT WAS KIND OF A FILLER. NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE EXTRA LONG AND EVENTFUL.

Also I just wanna say thankyou so much for reading and commenting on my chapters. It motivates me to keep going. So keep doing you :)

COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE

-S