twenty eight.

Mia.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" Maddi screamed whilst throwing herself on top of me on my bed.

"Maddi, stoppp," I groaned, rolling onto my side and flinging a pillow at her head.

Yes, today is the day I turn 17 and i'm not that excited about it. 16 is a fun age because- well, it just is, and 18 is a good age because it the year you finally become a legal adult. In my opinion, 17 is just a filler year.

"Um, ow?" She huffed. "Fine, I guess you don't want the present I got you."

I shot up and snatched her wrist stopping her from leaving my room.

Regardless of whether or not i'm excited about my birthday, it doesn't mean i'm not excited for presents. I've always been one to love surprises.

"Wait- I DO" I smiled and sat up.

A devious smirk slowly formed on her lips as she reached into her back packet and a nervous, bubbly feeling arose within me.

"Close your eyes," she ordered, halting her movements.

I reluctantly closed my eyes and bounced up and down in excitement as I waited for her to show me my birthday present.

"Open!"

I opened my eyes and was met with two tickets placed in front of my face. I leaned in closer and read the printed bold words in black.

'Justin Bieber'

I swear to you my heart stopped right then and there. I had no words, I just sat there with my eyes bulging out of my head and my mouth wide open.

"Wellllllll? The concert is in a couple weeks but-" Maddi tried getting a reaction out of me.

"ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW" I shouted and stood up, pulling her with me. I then started to jump up and down in my bed, probably giving Maddi whiplash but WHO CARES.

"So you like it?" she laughed, hugging onto me.

I continued to thank her over a bajillion times as my inner fangirl came seeping out of me.

After about 20 of me spazzing over my Justin concert tickets, i finally settled down and started to get ready for the day.

I searched through my closet and decided on a pair of high waisted jeans and bleached flannel. It was defiantly too cold to even consider wearing a tank top or anything short for that matter.

*buzz* *buzz*

My phone vibrated on my bed side table as I was pulling my jeans on. As I was hopping over to my phone, I somehow managed to trip and topple over towards to ground.

*buzz* *buzz*

Groaning, I pulled myself up and reached to grab my phone to see who was calling me.

"Hello?"

"Miaaa," Ethan's voice rang over the phone.

"Ethannnn"

"HAPPY BIR-" he started before being interrupted.