twenty three.

Mia.

"So what's your story?" Maddi asked leaning over the couch and lifting her eyebrows momentarily at Lola.

She opened her mouth to speak but she let out a breathy laugh and stood up to join her on the couch.

"Well, I volunteer at a PSC clean up and save injured sea animals. I sometimes work at a small shop in Venice, but uh- yeah that's pretty much it," she nodded and sat down on the cushions. "What about you guys?" she asked looking back and forth between Maddi and I.

"I'm signed to a LA modeling agency," I said monotone while pouring water into a glass of ice.

"I just go to college," Maddi scoffed and flopped backwards on the couch.

We sat in silence as MTV played in the background.

Of course she saves animals and volunteers to clean up the beach. She's not only pretty, but she's also caring and sweet.

I literally had no reason to hate her which only made me hate her more if that makes any sense.

I'm nothing compared to her and I think Grayson saw that the second he laid his eyes on her. Just like that, I lost all my chances with the one person I actually wanted. The one person that makes me happier than anyone.

For the next 3 hours we stayed up watching TV, and eating "Maddi's magical sundae's" as she likes to call them. It's really just a mixture of strawberry and vanilla icecream with M&M'S sprinkled on top but she insists on calling it that ridiculous name.

Lola's phone buzzed for the 30th time in the past 15 minutes and she picked up and smiled before typing something.

"So what's Ethan up to?" Maddi interrupted my thoughts.

Lola's head snapped up and she seemed to be in a sort of daze.

"Hm?" she hummed looking completely lost.

"You know, you and Ethan would make a pretty cute couple," I smirked at her.

Maybe if I could veer her towards Ethan she wouldn't get any ideas about going for Grayson.

I prayed this would work.

She laughed and threw her phone back in her lap. "He's really sweet," she blushed.

"Aww, is Lola crushin on E?" Maddi teased.

I glanced up at Lola to see her smiling softly and shaking her head as if she were embarrassed but It was obvious she was hiding something.

••••••

A couple weeks flew by as I began my modeling career.

Two days after our sleepover with Lola, my mom called about my first job modeling for some new bikini line coming out in the early spring.

They informed me that they would be flying me to the Bahamas for a weekend to do a small shoot where I would be able to try on the new collection and learn the basics of modeling.

I leave tonight. All my things were packed and I was basically ready to go, there were just a few more things I had to run to the store for before I left.

Lola is officially part of our group now thanks to Ethan. He really seems to like her and I just hope she doesn't break his heart.