twenty six.

Mia.

The bright sun seeped through the sheer curtains and woke me up. Not only was I exhausted from jet lag but I was starving.

I picked up the hotel phone and ordered some yogurt and fruit for breakfast. Before it arrived, I stepped in the shower to wash off a little and get ready for my first shoot.

They said to come with a clean face and undid hair so that's exactly what I was going to do. I slipped on a pair of shorts and a tank top right as there was a quiet knock at the door.

I devoured my breakfast at an extremely dangerous rate and paced back and forth to try and pass the time. I had to be down at this small tiki hut that was about 5 minutes from my hotel at 11 and it was currently 10:20.

I laid back on the bed and picked up my phone to distract me for the time being.

I continued to tap through all the pointless stories on snapchat that I could care less about. I was tapping so fast I couldn't tell who's story I was even looking at-

wait. was that? no it couldn't have been-

I scrolled back down to Maddi's story and it was a picture of Lola kissing Grayson on the cheek only in his boxers.

My heart dropped and blood drained from my face. Of course this would happen. I leave and the first thing he does is get naked and cuddle up with Lola. Great.

I tried blinking back the tears but they continued to leak from the corners of my eyes as I replayed the story over and over and over again, each time being more painful than the last.

After about fifty more times of replaying it I screenshotted it and threw my phone on the floor.

I was finally happy, but now, I don't know what to believe.

•••

Grayson.

"Yo, Gray," Ethan knocked on my door and creaked it open just enough to fit his body.

"You might wanna check Maddi's story," he cringed.

I scrunched my eyebrows and reached across my bed to retrieve my phone. As I scrolled through everyone's stories I searched for Maddi's name.

Once I saw it i clicked on it and blood drained from my face immediately.

Oh god.

"Fuck," I groaned and fell on back.

"You think Mia has seen it?" Ethan asked fully stepping into my room and sitting next to me on the bed.

I lifted my shoulders as I replayed the story over again. What if Mia has seen it already? She's probably livid. I told her I didn't have a thing for Lola and then she sees this while she's all the way across the country.

I'm an idiot.

I should have never let her kiss me- well my cheek. Even though nothing that bad happened, I still feel awful because Mia wasn't here, she has no idea what to think.

"I'm gonna call her." I groaned and got up and walked to the balcony.

The phone rang exactly 5 times before she answered.

"Mia?"

"Yeah."

"Hey, uh- so when's your photoshoot?" I asked trying to make conversation.

"Soon, so ill just call you later."

Her voice seemed emotionless and dull; the exact opposite of how it usually sounds. My stomach clenched as I realized she's definitely seen it.