twenty two.

Mia.

"Wanna go back to the arcade?" I suggested, nudging his arm as we walked down the pier.

"Why? So you can kick my ass some more? I think you've stollen enough of my pride for one night," he laughed looking down at me.

"I'm kind of awesome, aren't I?" I stated, turning around walking backwards so I could face him.

My stomach flipped as I stared back at him and watched him bring his tongue out to wet his lips.

We kept walking past all the noise and rides and stopped at the very end of the boardwalk where is was quiet and dim.

I leaned on the wood, looking out beyond the horizon, feeling the breeze push back my hair off my shoulders.

"I'm having a lot of fun, you know," I said stepping closer to his side. His body stiffened but he remained still.

"I am too," he replied. His voice was shaky and his eyelids fluttered excessively implying he was uncomfortable.

"Gray-" I reached up to link my arm through his but he stepped away quickly.

"You know, the arcade does sound fun. Round two?" he laughed walking backwards towards it.

I hesitated and looked down at my feet.

He dodged me.

He obviously doesn't feel the same way. He treats me more like a little sister than he does a girl he'd be interested in.

My shoulders slumped but I pulled together my thoughts and plastered on a fake smile. If he didn't feel the same, I was gonna have to live with that. I'd rather have him in my life than not.

"Yeah, sure." I nodded and ran to catch up with him.

After about a minute of silence we ran into Alex and Maddi on the way to the arcade.

"Hey guys! How was dinner?" I questioned.

"Amazing. How was the arcade?" Maddi replied with a confused look on her face.

"Wait, where's Ethan?" she spoke before I could respond to her last question.

I looked around us and saw no sight of brown, bushy hair and a yellow tank. I shrugged and shook my head as I continued to peek around heads and figures blocking my view.

"No idea. He said he was finding a bathroom but that was over 25 minutes ago,"

"There he is- with a girl?" Alex gestured over towards two people walking towards us.

I scrunched my forehead as my eyes made contact with the girl on his side.

She had beautiful brown hair and an amazing body that any guy would drool over at first sight. Not only that, but her smile was beautiful and Ethan was staring at her like she was the most perfect girl he's ever seen.

It was cute really; seeing him admire someone.

Grayson stood up straighter and stepped an inch further from me.