twenty one.

Mia.

"Did Grayson tell you about tonight?" Maddi poked her head in my room holding a bundle of shirts in her hand.

"Yeah, when're we heading to the pier?"

She stepped into my room, setting the shirts next to me on the bed.

"Which one should I wear?" she questioned, sitting down with a thud.

I took a few seconds to look over her many options laying in front of me.

"The blue top. It brings out your hideous eyes," I joked picking up the blue strapless crop top and throwing it at her face.

"Have I ever told you I hate you?" she laughed and punched my arm playfully.

"I'm kidding, but defiantly wear that one," I smirked. "Alex will love it."

She blushed and giggled while engulfing all the shirts in her arms and walking out of my room.

I let out a huge breath and fell back onto my bed, looking up at the ceiling and thinking of his smile.

I didn't realize how wrapped around his finger I was until just recently and he's starting to consume my every thought.

Although, I didn't mind. The thought of seeing him tonight has my insides in a twist and my palms sweating.

I laughed at myself as I stood from my bed and made my way over to my bathroom to take a shower and get ready for the day.

•••

"I'll give you a call when I land, okay?" my mom hugged me tightly.

"It was good seeing you, mom" I smiled at her as she pulled away and picked up her luggage.

"You too, sweetie. I'm really proud of you," she gushed.

"Mr. Carter said he'd call me discussing your first job within the next week so I'll let you know"

"Thanks, for everything" I stepped forward and hugged her once more before she walked out the door.

My mom can be a pain but she does everything for me and I really am going to miss her.

Maddi interrupted my thoughts as she ran down the hallway and poked her head around the corner.

"Why aren't you dressed?! They'll be here in 20 minutes, c'mon!" she shouted, dragging me towards my room to finish getting ready.

I decided on a striped halter top and a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans with my white converse that I wear with everything.

I looked at myself in the mirror, keeping my hair the way it is; wavy and natural, and doing my every day makeup but adding a little extra, to try and impress him, but not too much. Just enough to make him notice.

I smiled at my appearance and nerves made their way throughout my body.

Why was I so nervous to see him?

"They're here!" Maddi called from the front door.

I gathered together my bag and sprits some perfume over my body before walking down the hallway, fixing my hair and wiping my sweaty palms on my jeans.

As I turned the corner Maddi was there waiting for me.

"Let's go, they're downstairs waiting in the car,"