T W O || "Shut up and just come closer" ||

To Be Alone - Hozier

- E V I E -

It was fücking freezing, and May stole all the quilt. The soft snores of my brother were heard from across the room and I almost groaned at how annoying it was.
Michael was cuddled up into Calum's side, drooling a little bit on his biceps.

Calum wasn't asleep, he was on his phone. I prayed he didn't know I was awake; he was the biggest asshole but why did he have to be the most attractive one?

I was next to Calum with May on my right, Luke was on the other side of Michael; and Ashton, being the independent little shit that he is, decided to steal the couch.

I peeked open my left eye to look at the sex god next to me, I stared for a long time before he called me out.
"I can see you lookin' Stevie."
I hated that nickname, but with him saying it I didn't mind.

"Sorry." I whispered back before squirming around, trying to absorb some form of heat.
May was normally a sleep talker, so the occasional whispers of my name or her mums name usually flowed from her lips.

It was always amusing.

"Aw shit." Calum whispered.
"What?"
"Michael's drooling on me."
"Yuck."

A few minutes passed, and I decided to take another peek. I was literally only wearing my spongebob squarepants shorts and a pastel pink singlet, and I really wished I had wore a jumper and sweatpants.

"Calum?"
"What."
"Can I please ask you something?"
"What."
"Can I please have some of your blanket?"
"Get lost Evie."

One thing that always pissed me off about Calum was how his moods changed so dramatically, and how when he was angry he always made the rudest/bluntest comments.

But when he's happy it's like a huge sun ray shining down on you, and you can't get enough.

I turned to look at him, really studying his features.
"If I give you some blanket will you quit staring at me, it's creeping me out."
"Yeah-sorry."

I blushed and hoped he couldn't see me with the light on his phone.
"Thank-"
"Shut up and come closer."
"Ok."

Awkwardly, I shuffled my body towards his. Michael stirred in his sleep but remained the same.
Calum put the blanket over me and linked our arms.
"Wait- what the fück are you wearing?" He looked under the covers to see my pyjama's.

Embarrassed as fück, I squirm so he can't see me.
"Cute." Is all he states.

I watched what he did on his phone through the corner of my eye, he was texting Courtney.
To say Courtney has been around the block is an understatement.

She's pretty much fücked her way around Australia.

I let out an involuntary choke when I saw a picture of her boobs show up on the screen.
"You alright?"
"Yeah, just swallowed a bug or something."

I mentally face palmed myself at my choice of words.

"Kangaroo Evie and Ash..." May mumbles softly with a quick stir, I tensed and did my best not to laugh.
But that failed miserably.

I literally had to hold my nose until I couldn't breathe without laughing.
"Shut up Stevie! You're gonna wake everyone up."

I hiccuped a few times before falling into a pit of laughter and pressing my forehead onto Cal's shoulder to muffle the noise. His hand came in contact with my mouth, trying to silence me.

After a good two minutes, I eventually calmed down. Calum let out a few giggles too, surprisingly.
"Fück you're an idiot."
"Hey!" I almost yelled.

He elbowed me in the ribs, "I swear to god Evie, shut it."

I continued to softly giggle.
About five minutes passed before I looked back of over, Calum smelt like tequila and vodka, and I could tell he still had a bit in his system.

Calum's phone hit the carpet, he turned to face me while I still engulfed in his arms.
"Goodnight Stevie."

I moved away slightly, not wanting to get too involved with him. May's knee came in contact with my lower back though, keeping me in a tight position between the two.

"Why do you hate me so much Stevie?" He whispered.
"I don't hate you, I hate the stupid shīt you do. Why do you hate me?"
"I don't hate you at all Stevie, you're just really annoying."
"Ok."

"Go to sleep." Luke said in a full voice, not bothering to whisper like Calum and I had been for the past half an hour.

Cal's hand falls on my hip and his head into my neck, there was no way out of this.
Plus, I'm pretty sure we both needed this.

-

"Stevie. Wake up."
I groaned loudly and shifted.
"Wake up!" The voice whisper-yelled.

"What?!"
"Stevie, what happened last night?"
"What do you mean?"
"Why am I sleeping with you?"
"You kept wanting cuddles."

I rolled over and stretched, unlike Calum, who sat there tense and worried.
For what reason though?

"Did we fück?"
"Ew-god no."
Calum's eyes darkened at my words and I instantly felt regret.
"What is that meant to mean? It'd be your finest experience to fuck me thank you very much."
"Jesus calm down you big baby."

I rub my eyes and sit up, May is still snoring next to me.
My brother isn't on the couch anymore, he's probably walked Lauren and Harry to school.

"I'm gonna go."
"Why?"
"I got shit to do."

I nod and watch as Calum, angrily may I add, picks up his jumper and makes his way out the front door.

"Well shit." I mumble.

Sorting this boy out is like doing a puzzle with heaps of missing pieces.

||

Yay two updates in one day, I really want this book to get noticed by a few people tbh. Like im putting a lot of effort into it :/