T W E N T Y || "Explaining" ||

Sippy Cup - Melanie Martinez

- C A L U M -

I needed to explain what was going on to Evie, it's gonna be very fücking hard for me to bring it all up again but she deserves to know.

"Evie," I pull over on the freeway, "we've gotta talk."
"Okay." She says while looking at me worriedly, I place my hand on her leg in reassurance that it's not her I'm gonna be talking about.

"The bullet scar from chest," I choke out, "is from two years ago."

"Oh."
"And, I was doing bad things back then. I was selling drugs, beating up people for money. I know this may sound...unreal, but I had the respect of a very important group of people who paid me to do these things."

I let that all sink in for her, she nods slowly and rubs my hand.

"Go on." She urged.
"So the group, they got a mix up with jobs. They thought I was meant to be taking a lot more money than I actually was supposed to-"
"How much?" Her eyes widened.

"They thought I took $850k and 6 kilos of heroin, when all I was assigned to was 360k and not getting any drugs."
"Wait-so they believed that you stole everything, even though it was their fück up?"
"Precisely, so they came to my house at 3am, if you're ever gonna jump someone- between 3-5am is when their in the deepest part of their sleep. I was already up, because I was-am suffering from chronic insomnia. They shot me in the chest, and they fücked up again because they missed my heart; and I'm still alive."

"Oh my god Calum."
"Yeah, but I just thought you deserved to know." I mumbled.
"Thank you for telling me, I knowing must've been hard for you."

I leant over and placed a kiss to her lips, swiping my tongue against her bottom lip before pulling away and smiling.

I was now shaking but I still continued to turn the car on and drive out onto the freeway.

"So birthday party tonight huh?"
"Yeah..I kinda don't want it." She admitted.
"Tell May to cancel it."
"She won't let me, she insists on it." She chuckles.

"Well, I'll be there."

||

Just a bit of an explanation for anyone who was curious :)